• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get this comic cleaned and pressed?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Nice book.

Yes, this is worth having cleaned and pressed. By the first pic, it is clear that a press will help the eye appeal significantly. However, it will likely not help the grade much. If you're looking for the clean and press to improve the grade that it would otherwise be, it is not as clear-cut. I'd still recommend it though, as it is a semi-key and as such even a .5 increase in grade would make it worthwhile. That point aside, the improvement you'll see in eye appeal will be the real prize.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:51 PM, B2D327 said:

Do a page count too and make sure the pinup is present

Yup the pinup is present and looks great! IMG_6775.thumb.jpeg.89896b2af17aeee13bab3dd6bae9473b.jpeg

On 6/15/2023 at 10:53 AM, KingOfRulers said:

Nice book.

Yes, this is worth having cleaned and pressed. By the first pic, it is clear that a press will help the eye appeal significantly. However, it will likely not help the grade much. If you're looking for the clean and press to improve the grade that it would otherwise be, it is not as clear-cut. I'd still recommend it though, as it is a semi-key and as such even a .5 increase in grade would make it worthwhile. That point aside, the improvement you'll see in eye appeal will be the real prize.

Any estimate what grade this would be?

On 6/16/2023 at 10:13 AM, WestCoast Will said:

Yup the pinup is present and looks great! IMG_6775.thumb.jpeg.89896b2af17aeee13bab3dd6bae9473b.jpeg

Any estimate what grade this would be?

Nice.

looks to be around 4.5 range, imo. A clean/press will remove the minor stuff like the indentations but I don’t see too great a grade bump. You should post it here ;

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

to get a better idea. :cheers:

Edited by B2D327

Nice book!

A press would fix up a lot of the wrinkling and such on the front and back cover, but likely will not improve the grade much if at all. I would do it simply because I have a press and nicer looking = better to me, but if you are paying for someone to do it for you an argument can be made either way. 

On 6/16/2023 at 9:16 AM, joeypost said:

In the hands of someone qualified, this book will see marked improvement in the visual grade, as has been stated already. It is not a book I would hand off to someone who is just learning to press, no matter how good the price is. 

Does this mean you're taking subs? :baiting: