• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High Resolution Scan Needed - Speed Comics #33 | Harvey 7/1944 Schomburg Cover

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have a project and need a high resolution scan (600dpi TIFF file) of a copy of Speed Comics #33, and the copy has to have fairly perfect color registration. It's a tough book. I've tried working from scans on Heritage and else where online. The Mile High copy is pretty good, but it's only 300dpi and a better, higher resolution scan would be easier and less time consuming to work from.

Would be able to compensate for time for someone to be able to scan and email it over. Drop me a DM if you may have a lead or could be of help. Here's a scan of the Mile High copy from the HA archives for reference.

Speed33milehigh.thumb.jpg.c29b39788ef4dfb47ebb013d0e2cbaa0.jpg

Thank you!

Phill

Did you try the Comicbookplus scan? That could be old I suppose but i did want to comment as this book is so darn cool. Those Young Defenders seem to be doing more damage than our heroes I mean look at that girl with the red bow tie about to axe somebody and that’s right after he’s about to take what I assume is a blowdart to the jugular!! 🤯 Classic Schomburg!

On 6/19/2023 at 4:21 PM, Yorick said:

What is it with TIFF files?  Why not JPG?

TIFF Files are less compressed than JPG, so there's more detail. For the sake of accessibility here, I think a 600dpi JPG would be sufficient.

On 6/20/2023 at 8:08 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Did you try the Comicbookplus scan? That could be old I suppose but i did want to comment as this book is so darn cool. Those Young Defenders seem to be doing more damage than our heroes I mean look at that girl with the red bow tie about to axe somebody and that’s right after he’s about to take what I assume is a blowdart to the jugular!! 🤯 Classic Schomburg!

I did! Unfortunately the highest resolution photo online I could find was through Heritage, but I appreciate the heads up.

And it is a particularly cool Schomburg cover, with more going on that can be see in one viewing!!

On 6/20/2023 at 5:17 PM, Phill the Governor said:

TIFF Files are less compressed than JPG, so there's more detail. For the sake of accessibility here, I think a 600dpi JPG would be sufficient.

I did! Unfortunately the highest resolution photo online I could find was through Heritage, but I appreciate the heads up.

And it is a particularly cool Schomburg cover, with more going on that can be see in one viewing!!

Alas, Speed #33 isn't in my collection, but it should be as this is a classic cover along SOTI lines. This particular Schomburg composition was targeted, not by Wertham, but some other critic.  At the moment I can't recall the specific title of the article or its author, but this cover was described in detail.  Hope someone remembers the article and links it.

:cheers: