• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics Covers top Right Approved Box
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I have a thread open about a Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman #1` issue and after looking at the book
even closer I noticed that the 'Approved by the Comic Code' box is not showing as a full square. 

Is that normal?  I looked on Ebay for the same book and found it to be inconsistent, there are many PPSM#1 with the
stamp looking like the one I have on my book but in varying degrees and I saw one or two that have the entire box present.

Thinking that is a printing defect?
PPSM1-Defect-1.thumb.jpg.55a58a98acae9682dc59295a67e683e9.jpg

Edited by aabruzzese

It's a printer's defect in a sense. But a very common one for the era. Almost all eras in fact  Books weren't always uniformly and consistently trimmed and bound correctly. 

On 6/20/2023 at 7:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It would be interesting for me to learn the history of Quality Control in comic book MFG. It seemed to be minimal prior to the Bronze Age.

lol

It has always been pretty minimal, it's just that printing technology has improved over time.