• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading Changes
4 4

25 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, Hot Nickels said:

If I send in a Marvel Card at 9.5 can I get the 10 but keep the classic Blue Label?

How would that remotely make sense? The card would still be a 9.5 under the blue label grading standards.

I have been hearing a lot of rumors going around that anything in the old point system like a 5.5 or 6.5 anything with a (.5) is available to be reholded for a higher grade. I’ve heard that a 5.5 could now be a 6 or 6.5 and the same thing for anything Else with (.5)

• Administrator

Hello @Gaser,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Only Gem Mint 9.5 cards will be updated to Gem Mint 10. Lower grading cards that are submitted for reholder will receive the same grade with the new label, as long as there is no change to their condition. 

Please also note that we no longer offer subgrades, and cards any previously assigned subgrades will not be printed on the new label. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.