• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

center staple
2 2

9 posts in this topic

i have a copy of tomb of dracula #10 with blade the vampire hunter . the center staple on the top is unattached with the center page but is attached to all the other pages . the bottom staple is fine . i was wondering what this does to the grade of the comic .  overall it is in good condition .

Good condition in comic grading is a 2.0 out of 10.0 points, and one interior detached staple would not affect a low grade book.  A higher grade book by Overstreet grading was often downgraded to a fine minus 5.5 with notation.  Cgc graders seem to let it go on higher grades above fine with minimal downgrade. 

Hi thank you for your replies you have helped .  Here are pictures to understand what I was talking about .  There are 2  staples the one on top of book is detached in only the center page of book all the rest are attached .  I’m new to this there is no spine roll although it looks like there may with large white border along edge . I think this could be an error when it was printed also there is a large tear on the front cover about an inch .

IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_20230623_004417_HDR_Original.jpeg

IMG_20230623_004412_Original.jpeg

IMG_20230623_004438_HDR_Original.jpeg