• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta painting breaks another record
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I really like the colors on this one. Some Frazetta (even the famed Egyptian Queen) have incredible anatomy and composition but come across as pale. This one has that bright flash of crimson cape, and the main figures (skeleton, tentacle, or human) are readily discernible. If Halperin gets tired of it, he can look me up!

On 6/24/2023 at 11:29 AM, RBerman said:

I really like the colors on this one. Some Frazetta (even the famed Egyptian Queen) have incredible anatomy and composition but come across as pale. This one has that bright flash of crimson cape, and the main figures (skeleton, tentacle, or human) are readily discernible. If Halperin gets tired of it, he can look me up!

I agree: Egyptian Queen is great, but scale and composition-wise, not to mention the subject matter in relation to Frazetta's work: this is the superior piece of the two.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 6/28/2023 at 2:10 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I agree: Egyptian Queen is great, but scale and composition-wise, not to mention the subject matter in relation to Frazetta's work: this is the superior piece of the two.

Comes across as someone trying to justify their record breaking bid.  Congrats !!!  :cheers:

On 6/28/2023 at 2:10 PM, Dr. Balls said:

He looks to me like he's got spinal stenosis.