• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My post-crisis collecting project
2 2

19 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2023 at 2:26 AM, oldbsturgeon said:

I’m 6 books away from 404-713.

i need 417, 426-429, and 567.

I started mine about 3 month ago but not doing anything more. Gotta commend you for this project

Congrats to you its a so amazing run! 

Personally already have every of this issues. I estimate you can finish it for not more than 100 dollars if you find great deals.

For me the issues missing are:

404 to 416, 421, 422, 424, 425, 456, 530-532, 535, 550, 570, 599, 604 and 652.

Edited by BA773

Yesterday i was able to put near 200 dollars to continue my collection, so is a terrible hesitation now, what i does?

-Definitly complet my batman run?

-Continue Superman vol2.?

-Start GL vol3.?

One of my friend have an online shop where its some very great deals an more of that there some sales on his website finishing this evening, so there 1 day to profit of it, so i have to take a decision now of what books i choose!

I work with Ebay too, there is some very good deal on this place, i buyed like 75% of my batman run over there.

Edited by BA773

Finally i choosed the Green Lantern, an amazing deal, i couldn't leave them. 

A lot of the 1990 series from 14 to 137 (only 8 books missing)  for just 200 dollars! 1.75 dollar by issue. 

“In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might, beware my power, Green Lantern’s light.”

So happy. Just finished my instagram page too (share the link this evening here) i will put every book i read into. 

i started yesterday to read my collection with a particullary special book, BATMAN 423! I hearded before about this one that is a very conventional story, just a famous cover. But i seems to be not difficult to be satisfayed, i just loved the story! 

this is the first comics i readed and im starting to realize how much is the best investment i does of my life, comic books is just one of the most beautiful art on this world.

I LOVE IT!!! 

So i continue to read my collection, its just amazing! Now already readed 5 batman issues, you can see them on my instagram page!

The last book i had read was batman 431 THE WALL, the story start with an investigation about the death of a woman, but I'm not going to explain everything... i just want to speak about this books for one things! So the story start slowly and there is a moment when batman come to the house of a guy involved in the case, he gets attacked by 4 ninja assasins and we assit to one of the craziest fight scene of all time, i found a picture that regroup every page of the fight look this amazing brawl!!!

Batman_0542.thumb.jpg.1caecdd32cac218519685b512c638379.jpg

After readed 10 issues from the Alan Grant Run (RIP, only 1 years ago) and some of  Jim Starlin too, i jumped almost 10  years later into the Doug Moench Run and honnestly this is just amazing! This second run of him are so underrated. I readed 539 to 543, 3 stories, 3 fights, Undertaker, Spectre and Faceless! The highlight defintly made me fall in love is this double page art of the Spectre in issue 541, just beautiful. 

On 7/20/2023 at 3:37 PM, BA773 said:

After readed 10 issues from the Alan Grant Run (RIP, only 1 years ago) and some of  Jim Starlin too, i jumped almost 10  years later into the Doug Moench Run and honnestly this is just amazing! This second run of him are so underrated. I readed 539 to 543, 3 stories, 3 fights, Undertaker, Spectre and Faceless! The highlight defintly made me fall in love is this double page art of the Spectre in issue 541, just beautiful. 

The Moench / Jones run is classic Batman.

On 7/20/2023 at 4:37 PM, BA773 said:

RCO020_1461944121.thumb.jpg.26d1237703b0cd845c2de8f2b1b25976.jpg

On 7/31/2023 at 12:47 AM, Tons Of Style said:

You should move this to Journals.

But i cannot move a topic to another section, the only way is to restart from zero i think or am i wrong? 

On 7/31/2023 at 8:25 AM, BA773 said:
On 7/30/2023 at 5:47 PM, Tons Of Style said:

But i cannot move a topic to another section, the only way is to restart from zero i think or am i wrong? 

@CGC Mike can do it for you :cheers: and maybe he can consolidate your other threads into it as well, if needed (shrug) idk :shy: 

On 7/31/2023 at 9:26 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 7/31/2023 at 8:25 AM, BA773 said:
On 7/30/2023 at 5:47 PM, Tons Of Style said:

@CGC Mike can do it for you :cheers: and maybe he can consolidate your other threads into it as well, if needed (shrug) idk :shy: 

tbh, you've only got a few posts into each thread, it wouldn't harm you to just start again in the "journal section" :cheers: You could even repost what you've done with new info :) 

Not knocking it. :foryou: