• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Recent Policy Updates
1 1

5 posts in this topic

When everyone got logged out this week and had to accept terms of service, etc. I wanted to get clarification on one point.  The terms made it sound that your credit card will now be billed upon submitting your invoice online, as opposed to when the order is officially received by CGC and charged when the actual work of pressing and/or grading commences.  Can I get a confirmation on if that is the case moving forward, or am I reading it wrong?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @L.E. Gill,

I have pasted the line I believe you are referring to below. This means when we receive your submission form at our office and it has been scanned into the system then we may charge. AKA: after the submission shows up on your submission tracking page we will be able to charge. There has been some confusion regarding when we will charge. Many customers in the past have assumed this was not done until the submissions have been graded or completed entirely. This is not the case. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

image.png

On 7/5/2023 at 7:22 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @L.E. Gill,

I have pasted the line I believe you are referring to below. This means when we receive your submission form at our office and it has been scanned into the system then we may charge. AKA: after the submission shows up on your submission tracking page we will be able to charge. There has been some confusion regarding when we will charge. Many customers in the past have assumed this was not done until the submissions have been graded or completed entirely. This is not the case. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

image.png

Thank you, that does clarify it a lot more.  When it shows up in submission tracking is completely reasonable and logical to me!

On 7/10/2023 at 3:35 AM, Gaard said:

I think the use of the word "Form" is what causes the confusion.

Agreed.  My biggest concern is when contemplating sending a submission off to an independent pressing company along with your submission invoice under your CGC account and it getting charged a good while before your books would ever get sent in to CGC.  I've never actually done it before but I had been considering it for a few books.