• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you buy
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hi there if you had the choice to pick one of these up for your collection what would you pick

Thor 337 CGC 9.0

FF 46 CGC 4.0

Amazing fantasy 14 2004 CGC 9.0

young avengers 1 CGC 9.0

Xmen 101 VG 

Marvel special edition 15 FN

strange tales 169 cgc 4.0

Edited by Average RE

Personally, the X-men 101

I’d try to find higher grades for ST 169 and FF 46

I’ve already got a 9.8 Thor 337 so it’s not a priority 

never been a Shang chi fan and the other 2 moderns don’t interest me at all 

On 7/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, Average RE said:

Hi there if you had the choice to pick one of these up for your collection what would you pick

Thor 337 CGC 9.0

FF 46 CGC 4.0

Amazing fantasy 14 2004 CGC 9.0

young avengers 1 CGC 9.0

Xmen 101 VG 

Marvel special edition 15 FN

strange tales 169 cgc 4.0

Absolutely no hesitation, ff 46!!! I love black bolt so is an easy choice for me.

One thing i dont understand is what af 14 are doing in this list? Or i look for the bad book maybe(shrug)?

hm

You can of course ask anything you want, but I continue to find these comparisons of random books in random grades kind of baffling.

There's millions of back issues out there. Are you for some reason limited to buying from the stock of one and only one dealer?

On 7/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

hm

You can of course ask anything you want, but I continue to find these comparisons of random books in random grades kind of baffling.

There's millions of back issues out there. Are you for some reason limited to buying from the stock of one and only one dealer?

I think the only correlation is price, I've often thought this way. Only saving until I can buy in grades I'm interested in, then buying the best book I can think of out of the lot.

It is buy what you love material, that sometimes gets confused with quantity over quality 😁

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/1/2023 at 9:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think the only correlation is price, I've often thought this way. Only saving until I can buy in grades I'm interested in, then buying the best book I can think of out of the lot.

It is buy what you love material, that sometimes gets confused with quantity over quality 😁

Yes, but the OP continually asks the same question with a random bunch of books in random grades. The question I asked has been posed before and the OP didn't answer.

X-Men 101 from a personal standpoint, it's the best Cockrum cover of that part of the run (of which there are many), and a classic to boot.

X-Men 101 from a "speculator" standpoint. Call me hopeful, but I think X-Men is going to revive the lagging comic hero entertainment genre when it finally gets here. And my thought is that Jean Grey as a character will be packaged in her 'Phoenix' persona.