• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics have been graded - can I resubmit w pressing
2 2

7 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, Geoff Walker said:

My first submission several years ago were early Silver Surfer and Spiderman - all got grades between 4 and 6.  Can I resubmit and have them pressed to get hopeful upgrade?

Hi

Yes, you can resubmit these books to be pressed and regraded.  If you prefer, you can send them to us in their cases, and we will crack them out for you.  

Mike

before you rush into anything, I would suggest taking pictures of your slabs (front and back) and post those pics in the following sub-forum >>>> https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

yes, the inside of the book will not be visible but more schooled members here can observe and see if they see pressable defects and can potentially gain insight from grader notes tied to the submission number

if it is determined, pressing/cleaning, etc may get you a grade bump (always the chance for the opposite) you should weigh that against what the additional cost of that will be and what your intention is for the books in the future

if you do decide to go forward I would seek out a respected pressing service that is going to give your books attention they may deserve … in my limited experience CGC Pressing (formally CCS) has not been that solution that I would confidently recommend to anyone other than needing the most minimal done

best of luck in whatever you decide

No reason they wouldn’t be happy to accept your money over and over and over

Just take the time and read the graders notes on all your books and familiarize yourself fixable and non fixable defects. If your 4s are 4s bc rats used it as a snack and the spine is holding on for dear life, no press is going to help much. People think pressing is some magic elixir that will suddenly make their 3.0’s into 9,2s.