• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dont buy more book before properly store the ones you have
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I recently invested in a great quantity of books and contrary to what i thinked (because i know well the seller) he said me after sended, he dont bags and boards the books and i not predicted that. Now i realize is probably a more reasonable option to take rest into my purchases of comics to spend some money to maintain the ones i already have. I think on a long duration is really better to now invest a little bit to keep my books safe for life. Actually the books will be going in bags by set of 12 i think i cannot leave them into it. What did you think of that?

Edited by BA773

I've been collecting for 30 years.  I used standard polypropylene bags and boards because they were cheap but now find myself in a situation where I am overdue for re-bagging those early collected issues.  I could either buy more polypropylene bags because they're cheap and have to re-bag again in 20-30 years, or I could buy Mylar and be done with it for the rest of my life.

Moral of the story is, if I had to go back and do things all over again, I would have just spend the extra money upfront to bag in proper mylar/fullback and never have to think about re-bagging again.  It'll cost you more upfront, but will be cheaper in the long run.

Mylar bags with acid-buffering boards like the fullbacks also give superior long-term preservation.

Polybags and grouping multiple comics into single bags are fine for the lower value books in your collection.  But the more valuable ones (for me, it was anything with an approximate value of $20 or over) deserve mylar and fullbacks.

Edited by namisgr

Set of 12? Which bags did you buy that you can stuff 12 comics in one? Some of the newer bags I can barely fit 2 comics in (dual side with a board sandwiched between), I can’t imagine fitting 12 in. My 

On 7/7/2023 at 6:29 AM, Cman429 said:

Set of 12? Which bags did you buy that you can stuff 12 comics in one? Some of the newer bags I can barely fit 2 comics in (dual side with a board sandwiched between), I can’t imagine fitting 12 in. My 

I think he means the guy he bought them from had them 12 to a bag.  Probably grocery bags or something (although Switzerland may have banned those) :)

On 7/19/2023 at 11:43 AM, MarybethR_Boyd said:

Hello everybody. I'm sorry, I understand what's wrong. But I have to ask. Where is the best place to appraise my comics because I found them in my grandfather's attic? But should they be immediately sold or kept?

You can make your own thread in the Newbie Questions section regarding this. But why would strangers be good at advising you what to do with your comics?

On 7/19/2023 at 7:03 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

You can make your own thread in the Newbie Questions section regarding this. But why would strangers be good at advising you what to do with your comics?

I came across your community and started looking for an answer here. I want to hear an experienced opinion and advice. And about your topic, this is a good idea, thank you for the story. Sorry for the late question.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:11 AM, MarybethR_Boyd said:

I came across your community and started looking for an answer here. I want to hear an experienced opinion and advice. And about your topic, this is a good idea, thank you for the story. Sorry for the late question.

If you are able to snap a few pictures, that might help others give you better input.

On 7/19/2023 at 5:43 PM, MarybethR_Boyd said:

Hello everybody. I'm sorry, I understand what's wrong. But I have to ask. Where is the best place to appraise my comics because I found them in my grandfather's attic? But should they be immediately sold or kept?

You  posted on my topics so now the best option is to send me these comics. :roflmao:

Edited by BA773

On 7/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, MarybethR_Boyd said:

What is a good idea bro?

On 7/29/2023 at 6:17 PM, MarybethR_Boyd said:

Good idea to create my topic for discussion. But I will not send you the comics, I will leave them to myself. :cheers:

It was a joke... lol

... Even maybe a "killing" joke

I personally bag and board every comic individually.

Later in life if you decide to sell your book is already good to go as it is bagged with a board. If it is only worth a dollar you can throw it into the dollar bin. If it has value congratulations it is well preserved because you bagged and boarded it.