• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Scanning All Books?
5 5

94 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2023 at 5:47 AM, Ryan. said:

I got the shipping notification Friday and there were no scans. I checked again this morning and the scans are now there. Looks like the scans aren't uploaded until the books are actually in the hands of FedEx. 

How do you get the certification number before you receive the books?

On 9/8/2023 at 10:59 AM, I like pie said:

Good lord. Has that link always been there? lol

Indeed. Also if the "link isn't hypered" or isn't clickable? You can use the submission number followed by the 001 for the 1st book and 002 for the second, and so on, on the submission form.

FYI it usually won't be in the "system" until they're "shipped" but it is usually straight away! :cheers: 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:07 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Indeed. Also if the "link isn't hypered" or isn't clickable? You can use the submission number followed by the 001 for the 1st book and 002 for the second, and so on, on the submission form.

FYI it usually won't be in the "system" until they're "shipped" but it is usually straight away! :cheers: 

Is the "imaging" currently inactive? I just tried a bunch, from different submissions, and none were working.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:10 AM, I like pie said:

Is the "imaging" currently inactive? I just tried a bunch, from different submissions, and none were working.

I forget where I saw the post, but someone said it happened over night, when they were awaiting scans. Idk if that means theirs had just shipped etc or what??

But it did happen soon, but if you mean they "were there and now they're not?" then ya it's down. I have yet to have scans, but I haven't submitted much yet or in a while, so idk really.

Oh one last thing about the cert number, you can usually (when the cert # shows in the census with book info) go ahead and use the cert number for the registry as well. That way you can get a "head start" on anything before in hand. Usually the last to be put up for me was only the "pics" when in hand, but hm hoping this'll help with the available scans :) 

Picking this thread back up with a question. Has anyone else had any submissions post the announcement without any images attached to the books?

I've had two thus far without scans attached; one sig submission (just shipped out) and one magazine (from a couple of months back). Rang customer service, they said they hadn't come across this before and raised a ticket for the team to review.

Edited by Still Only 35c

On 1/19/2024 at 4:11 PM, Still Only 35c said:

Picking this thread back up with a question. Has anyone else had any submissions post the announcement without any images attached to the books?

I've had two thus far without scans attached; one sig submission (just shipped out) and one magazine (from a couple of months back). Rang customer service, they said they hadn't come across this before and raised a ticket for the team to review.

I had a submission that was graded in the middle of all the hoopla and the scans went up at the usual time - i.e., grades and scans available as soon as it is marked as shipped.

I had one ship out yesterday that still doesn’t have images. 

Two other shipments went out this week had images in the submission as usual - hoping yesterdays was just a fluke and the images will show up eventually.

I had a bunch of books come back and so far so good. 

All images showing. 

I like the fact it says how many other books in same grade and others at higher grade