• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 4
10 10

191 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2023 at 6:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tick tock

Tickity tockity tict tatocked

Talked for 45 minutes and we didnt understand a word he said! But we had fun playing with the pencils and filling out the forms! ~ Alice's Restaurant 

45 minutes to go!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 8/5/2023 at 10:43 AM, boron said:

Sent and received on Wed.

On 8/5/2023 at 11:26 AM, JohnH19 said:

I submitted yesterday and got a :Rocket:

I had you both written on paper, but were not in the spreadsheet.  If I flagged anyone else that have already submitted, let me know.  Apparently a few were deleted by mistake.  

• Administrator

I currently have 19 PM's with grades that I will record after the reveal. 

• Administrator

First of all, I would like to thank @Get Marwood & I for going through the signup thread, and coming up with a list of participants for me.  That saved me hours of time.  I would also like to thank @zzutak for the commentary he does for each round.  That adds to the fun of the contest.  Thank you @Superman2006 for the ranking of all participants.  That also adds to the fun.  

Thanks to the team that supplies me with all of the scans of the books, and helps with the spreadsheet for each round.  Also, thanks to everyone for the kind words posted in the PM or one of the threads.  That is greatly appreciated.

This round is closed.  :eek:  The reveal is coming in a few, followed by the graders notes.  I hope to have the results posted tomorrow night.  :wishluck:  If a tiebreaker round is necessary, I will compose one shortly after the results.  There will be 3 books.  If that doesn't give us clear winners, I will use the final ranking list.

• Administrator

Chilling Tales #13

Moderate crunch top and bottom of spine

Creasing to cover

Moderate wear all edges of cover

Diary Secrets #30

Small stains with gloss lift left top back cover

Moderate creasing to cover

Staple tears

Wear all edges of cover

Horrific #3

3 extra staples added after manufacturing

Readers crease front and back cover

Tape along spine

Moderate creasing to cover

Moderate wear all edges of cover

Doctor Solar #1

Light staining to cover

Wear and light creases spine

Writing top front cover

Avengers #7

Tear right center of front cover

Fingerprints back cover

Creasing to cover

Spine stress lines to cover

4 points for the 3rd time this contest. Throwing out my disaster of a round 2, I'll take it! One off on all but the Horrific Tales. Under on 3 of the 4 (over on Doctor Solar). Despite not contending, pretty psyched with my consistency over the two contests I've done so far. Now I just gotta figure out how to get that elite sixth sense some of y'all have! Congrats to whoever ends up winning!

I hit the Don Heck book too hard ... I had it at 2.5 I gave the Avengers a 7.5 But it was Diary Secrets that really threw me I scored it a 4.0...those staple tears, I was left wondering if the cover was partially detached.