• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Web of Spider-Man #118
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Presents nicely, but does have some issues . . . not the least of which is a subscription crease all the way through. It is color-breaking on the front cover near the right crotch area. Pages are complete, but there is some kind of shadowing near the upper edge. Would appreciate any grade estimates.

Thanks in advance,

Art

Web 118_1.jpg

Web 118_2.jpg

Web 118_3.jpg

Web 118_4.jpg

Web 118_5.jpg

Web 118_6.jpg

Web 118_7.jpg

Web 118_8.jpg

Tough to grade which is why I see this thread is a ghost town. Subscription creases are usually killers, I think that usually brings a book down to 5.0 max, but don’t quote me. Probably in the lower grade range imo with the subscription crease and other defects.

CGC's range for a subscription crease is 4.5-7.0. I could see this at a 6.0 since it's light and only seems bad through about 1/2 the book. Not really a book worth grading with a sub crease IMO

Thank you both for the reply's. This one was not heading to CGC, but I was curious as to what a fair grade might be with the S/C. I do agree with your assessments (5.0-6.0) and will hold in my PC until I acquire a higher graded copy and then will move this one.

Thanks again,

Art

I had never purchased a book on subscription so I did not know they folded them in half when shipping. Damn there must 
not have been any consideration for long term collectability in those cases. 

I only purchased books at the comic shop off the shelves and always tried to get them when new or the best 
copy on the rack at least.  This book looks like it would have scored as a high grade if it did not have the defect.

Even with a solid press it would probably still be noticeable due to color break around the belt buckle.