• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Demon 1 grade is in from across the street.
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2023 at 8:33 PM, rlextherobot said:

I'm going 9.2, and boy is it nice to see a copy of this book in that kinda shape. What's the story behind that stack? 

50 years ago the guy had a friend who worked for a distributor, and bought books off him for 10-14c each and he bought multiples. Never read them and put them in a box. 

On 7/20/2023 at 9:34 PM, grendelbo said:

@southern cross

How'd you have these distributor copies stored since acquiring them? And where?

A older gentleman bought them originally from his friend who worked for a distributor at the time 50 years ago. That gentleman stored them in boxes for fifty years and is only now slowly pulling them out and selling them through consignment at my lcs that I help out of.

I think he stored them in the attic.

I spoke to him a few times and he knows I've been buying his books through the shop and he has told the owner to do good deals for me. When I say good deals it's like a slight discount. 

One time while I was working at the comic store by myself he came in with a small bag that had two copies each of Doc Savage 2 and 3. I bought them after the shop owner priced them and I gave you a copy of 3. Also in the bag was 5 copies of Swamp Thing 3 and he had 5 copies of Green Lantern 87. I think there's like 10 copies now that he has dropped off. Anyone looking for a raw copy that could pull at least a 8.0 get in touch with me and I'll get you in touch with the shop, I won't get anything out of it except helping the original book owner out selling a big book.

Working at the store I've been able to cherry pick some books. 

The owner of the books is a really nice guy. His family aren't interested in the books so that's why he is slowly selling them through consignment with the local store.

Edited by southern cross
Edit

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately CGC didn't attend Emerald City comic con so I had to drop them over across the street. I always drop off books at cons and never send them in thru the mail.

Obviously I can't post pics.

Across the street.

9.2 exceptionally white pages.

Book was dropped off as is without a press.

Edited by southern cross