• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations, 2023 CGC Registry Award Winners!
3 3

24 posts in this topic

Ah man I made one in comics general too

that's the end of this year, see you in the next!!

Continue with the summer of Registry Costanza, George!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/25/2023 at 8:18 PM, DougC said:

Congrats to @epiclion for his X-Men (1991) set... I am rather envious :devil:

I saw that! No doubt yours too is strong.

I'd be happy to proud that it's all the same boat, and noticed for awards , a nice thing to aspire too. Congrats to both of you really. :)

From https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11457/cgc-registry-awards/

Winners of major CGC Registry Awards receive a personalized plaque, an icon of recognition next to their CGC Registry set and a $500 CGC grading credit. Winners will also have the option to print a certificate of achievement through their My Account page.

Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback we received last year, we’re very excited to continue awarding Signature Series books as part of the winners’ prize package. This year, winners will receive a CGC-certified Batman #125 Alex Ross variant signed by Alex Ross — featuring a special label and pedigree — valued at $200!

Edited by ethanwa79

On 7/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw that! No doubt yours too is strong.

I'd be happy to proud that it's all the same boat, and noticed for awards , a nice thing to aspire too. Congrats to both of you really. :)

Thank you, there is always next year and the set will expand with at least two new variants.

I'm really happy with my seven Best Set awards - thank you, CGC.

My target remains to win a Best Presented Set award (or Best Set - Modern Age award) for my Walking Dead set https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=110228

I'd welcome any feedback (from anyone) on things I might do to bring it into contention :-)

Thank you.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, StephenWA said:

I'm really happy with my seven Best Set awards - thank you, CGC.

My target remains to win a Best Presented Set award (or Best Set - Modern Age award) for my Walking Dead set https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=110228

I'd welcome any feedback (from anyone) on things I might do to bring it into contention :-)

Thank you.

Your set is truly fantastic and should have already won awards. Unfortunately, awards are the luck of the draw.

On 7/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, Crushalot said:

Thanks for the award! Not gonna lie, it came as a big surprise and I appreciate it. Best part is it made me look nerdy cool to my son =)

Absolutely awesome!  That made my day!

That is a really great set, and Issue #1 is to die for!

GetImage.aspx?c=5519924&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

Winners of major CGC Registry Awards receive a personalized plaque, an icon of recognition next to their CGC Registry set and a $500 CGC grading credit. 

Just to confirm the "Best Custom Set" is considered a major category that also receives the plaque and grading credit too right? If so is the plaque sent to address on file? I only humbly ask because some of these other sets are next level! Thanks!

On 7/27/2023 at 11:22 AM, curgraded said:

Winners of major CGC Registry Awards receive a personalized plaque, an icon of recognition next to their CGC Registry set and a $500 CGC grading credit. 

Just to confirm the "Best Custom Set" is considered a major category that also receives the plaque and grading credit too right? If so is the plaque sent to address on file? I only humbly ask because some of these other sets are next level! Thanks!

yes! And $500 credit, and the CGC slab giveaway!! Everyone on the list gets a plaque (thumbsu 

The Best Forumites get a plaque as well, but they don't receive any of the "other stuff" :) 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 7/27/2023 at 11:22 AM, curgraded said:

yes! And $500 credit, and the CGC slab giveaway!! Everyone on the list gets a plaque (thumbsu 

The Best Forumites get a plaque as well, but they don't receive any of the "other stuff" :) 

It all gets sent to the address on file @wytshus It might be beneficial to spell all that out again, I looked for a link to the list of prizes, but didn't see one.

Just wanted to be clear, best forumites get the plaque only, but every "set that wins" is a plaque and all of the above!

edit ah the boardie quoted it from somewhere loldoh! so all is well!
The CGC Slab wasn't mentioned in the quote, so I hope this helped @curgraded I want to say it is an Alex Ross Signature Series>>>> :)