• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blank Universal Label
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I sent in a 9.6 SS Stan Lee Daredevil #1 for the Alex Ross signing.  After I got notification that it shipped, I signed in and looked at the registry scan.  The scan showed a 9.6 SS label for the Ross sig, but completely omitted the Stan Lee sig.  The notes in the registry didn't match the label and stated it was now listed as a 9.2 Qualified SS Ross with "a name written on the cover".  When I actually received the book, it had the incorrect 9.2 label.

Mike got me in touch with customer service, and they're looking into it.  I'm not holding out much hope, unfortunately.  I know that they want to make things right, but I don't know if they're capable at this point.

I sent them a pic of the Qual SS label as shipped and looked up in the CGC census page.  There are 16 books listed under the 9.6 SS heading for the DD#1 2014 Ross Sketch cover, and my Stan Lee should be one of those.  There are no listings under the Qual SS 9.2 header.  All the more confusing...  :(

1690296498864blob.jpg

On 7/26/2023 at 10:28 AM, Jesse Larson said:

I sent in a 9.6 SS Stan Lee Daredevil #1 for the Alex Ross signing.  After I got notification that it shipped, I signed in and looked at the registry scan.  The scan showed a 9.6 SS label for the Ross sig, but completely omitted the Stan Lee sig.  The notes in the registry didn't match the label and stated it was now listed as a 9.2 Qualified SS Ross with "a name written on the cover".  When I actually received the book, it had the incorrect 9.2 label.

Mike got me in touch with customer service, and they're looking into it.  I'm not holding out much hope, unfortunately.  I know that they want to make things right, but I don't know if they're capable at this point.

I sent them a pic of the Qual SS label as shipped and looked up in the CGC census page.  There are 16 books listed under the 9.6 SS heading for the DD#1 2014 Ross Sketch cover, and my Stan Lee should be one of those.  There are no listings under the Qual SS 9.2 header.  All the more confusing...  :(

1690296498864blob.jpg

Maybe they still include that in the SS section of the census, since it's both Qualified and SS?

On 7/26/2023 at 9:30 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe they still include that in the SS section of the census, since it's both Qualified and SS?

There're only 2 issues cataloged in the 9.2 SS column.  I'd think they'd be able to match those up pretty quickly, if that were the case... I just don't know.