• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations, Your Career is Ruined. Kevin Spacey Cleared of All Charges

13 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I heard this on NPR while driving home. He cleared 4:4 UK sexual harrassment cases, in addition to the Anthony Rapp case. I was really surprised.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

I heard this on NPR while driving home. He cleared 4:4 UK sexual harrassment cases, in addition to the Anthony Rapp case. I was really surprised.

Me too, it sounded as if there was some damning evidence to something happening. I didn’t really follow it - to be honest, I thought he’d already been convicted. 

On 7/26/2023 at 2:16 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Me too, it sounded as if there was some damning evidence to something happening. I didn’t really follow it - to be honest, I thought he’d already been convicted. 

Me too! I thought he was trashed for life.

But supposedly it came up in the cases he over-flirts which can be interpretted as going too far. But the jury felt it was less than had been noted.

On 7/26/2023 at 1:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

Sadly for me not a surprise, specifically with Anthony Rapp case this is what I was expecting. Proving this sort of thing (especially in a UK court which I've been told has a higher bar to clear for guilt with these sort of things) years after the crime has taken place is incredibly hard even with when it is a strong case.

So he's not explicitly guilty (yet, good chance some of the people try taking this to civil court), but he's booked much time on a private jet owned by a convicted child sex trafficker and has enough other red flags that he still has questionable creep vibes (especially with this 'clumsy pass' defence garbage). 

If the charges are dropped, it may mean a person can return to a job they love. It could have ended differently and my career would have quickly ended. Recently I was reading about career goals, I found https://edubirdie.com/examples/career-goals/ for this. Even this somehow motivated me. The main thing is not to wonder, even if you are wrong, to put your future at stake.

Edited by MerryTwice2

On 1/28/2024 at 11:51 PM, Silver Surfer said:

OJ got off too.

Not the best phrasing in a thread about KS :facepalm:

Edited by s-man

Kevin Spacey Books His First Comicon Appearance

Kevin Spacey, the two-time Oscar winner who has largely avoided the public eye since his career imploded in the early days of the #MeToo era, is making moves to venture back into the public space.

The actor has booked his first comic book convention appearance, set for Feb. 16-18 at Mad Monster, the con held in Concord, North Carolina.

Organizers announced Wednesday that he will be among the guests signing autographs and posing for photos. He is also in business with the company Everest Autographs, which is arranging for autograph purchases for those not attending the event in person.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

That should be interesting. I wonder how this will go for him. He may be known for portraying Lex Luthor, but in my heart his definitive role will always be Prot from K-Pax.