• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to sell small group of Bronze Age books
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I am just getting back into it after 30 years of not buying any new or old comics and have found the prices to be a little crazy out there.

I was wondering if it is even worth listing a pack of 25 or 30 comics from various tiles and oddball #1's as a package and sell it 
for a few bucks instead of creating a bunch of listings on Ebay.  I listed five or six books to test the waters and let's just say.
0 views on them in the pas 5 days.

Kind of makes you wonder in the end; I see people pushing non-key junk at ridiculous prices and shipping on top of that. 

I am sure if I went to a comic book shop, they would probably offer me 10Cents per copy even though they are all FN+ with a couple VF+/NM in the stack. 

Edited by aabruzzese

On 7/26/2023 at 5:27 PM, Readcomix said:

Sell them on here, or consign them to MCS.

Is there a Sell Your books thread or something?  I am just about ready to send in my first submission so I will be doing a paid membership shortly. 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:34 AM, aabruzzese said:
On 7/26/2023 at 7:27 PM, Readcomix said:

Sell them on here, or consign them to MCS.

Is there a Sell Your books thread or something?  I am just about ready to send in my first submission so I will be doing a paid membership shortly. 

There is on the boards in the forum list, but he was referring (mcs) to mycomicshop.com , which is located in Texas. They are pretty good at doing the heavy lifting to sell raws and slabs, and they'll handle any disgruntled buyers to basically just send you a check when it sells. I know they do consignment, I'm not sure how they are when just buying outright (thumbsu

On 7/27/2023 at 6:46 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is on the boards in the forum list, but he was referring (mcs) to mycomicshop.com , which is located in Texas. They are pretty good at doing the heavy lifting to sell raws and slabs, and they'll handle any disgruntled buyers to basically just send you a check when it sells. I know they do consignment, I'm not sure how they are when just buying outright (thumbsu

I am checking them out, the wanted list feature is interesting. Will have to catalogue my books and see if they are on the wanted list and or how long before they expect to be wanted. I figure heck I might get 50C per book.  LOL 

With few exceptions always easier to purchase collectibles than sell them

On 7/27/2023 at 11:12 AM, aabruzzese said:

I am checking them out, the wanted list feature is interesting. Will have to catalogue my books and see if they are on the wanted list and or how long before they expect to be wanted. I figure heck I might get 50C per book.  LOL 

If that is the case, based on you mentioning it's 25-30 books, there are easier ways to net $12-$15 dollars.

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/27/2023 at 8:15 AM, MAR1979 said:

With few exceptions always easier to purchase collectibles than sell them

If that is the case, based on you mentioning it's 25-30 books, there are easier ways to net $12-$15 dollars.

This is the list of books I am referring to: 

Bugs Bunny #3
Checkmate #4
Conan the Barbarian #68 - #168
DarkHawk #1
Deadshot #2
Flash Gordon #7
Havok & Wolverine Meltdown #2
The Spectre - #23
Maervel The Pitt
Martian Manhunter #1 - #2
Justice League #2 , #3, #4, #5, #6 + Annual #1
Justice League America (1989) #26 - #29
Justice League International #7, #18, #19, #22, #23, #26
Legion `89 #1
ManHunter #1
Shi Vs. Tomoe #1 - Wraparound Chromium/Foil Cover
Sinister War #1 Mark Bagley Wraparound Variant Cover
Skreener One of Six
Spider-Man and X Factor ShadowGames #3
Starman #5
Tailgunner Jo #1
The Shroud #4
The Spectacular Scarlet Spider #1
The Weird #2
Woflpack #7

On 7/27/2023 at 1:17 PM, aabruzzese said:

This is the list of books I am referring to: 

Bugs Bunny #3
Checkmate #4
Conan the Barbarian #68 - #168
DarkHawk #1
Deadshot #2
Flash Gordon #7
Havok & Wolverine Meltdown #2
The Spectre - #23
Maervel The Pitt
Martian Manhunter #1 - #2
Justice League #2 , #3, #4, #5, #6 + Annual #1
Justice League America (1989) #26 - #29
Justice League International #7, #18, #19, #22, #23, #26
Legion `89 #1
ManHunter #1
Shi Vs. Tomoe #1 - Wraparound Chromium/Foil Cover
Sinister War #1 Mark Bagley Wraparound Variant Cover
Skreener One of Six
Spider-Man and X Factor ShadowGames #3
Starman #5
Tailgunner Jo #1
The Shroud #4
The Spectacular Scarlet Spider #1
The Weird #2
Woflpack #7

IMHO anything less than 9.8w on those will be a huge hurdle due to near zero interest with bulk being glut non-keys. Except on the Conan's but unless they are high grade (9.4+ 68-79, 9.6+ 80 and up) it too will be a struggle

Overall it will be days of effort + hassle and you'll be extremely lucky to net $60 in a slow grind with under $50 being far more probable. From Spring 2020 - early 2022 it might have been 3x that, but those days are gone. 

IMHO if you can still find one that has any interest in comics give them all to a child who will enjoy them and your payment be a priceless sense of smug self-satisfaction.

Apologies for my bluntness in this post, but I don't believe in causing people to waste their time, which is finite.

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO anything less than 9.8w on those will be a huge hurdle due to near zero interest with bulk being glut non-keys. Except on the Conan's but unless they are high grade (9.4+ 68-79, 9.6+ 80 and up) it too will be a struggle

Overall it will be days of effort + hassle and you'll be extremely lucky to net $60 in a slow grind with under $50 being far more probable. From Spring 2020 - early 2022 it might have been 3x that, but those days are gone. 

IMHO if you can still find one that has any interest in comics give them all to a child who will enjoy them and your payment be a priceless sense of smug self-satisfaction.

Apologies for my bluntness in this post, but I don't believe causing people to waste their time, which is finite.

To be honest, it would be embarrassing to give those books to a young child as a gift, my nieces and nephews.all have laptops and smartphones so it would not take long to figure out that the books will never really gain any value.  They are mostly in VF+ as I never unbagged them from the day I bought them and a few are NM or better but in the end the time it takes to sell them one by one is really not worth it.  The fun part would be to show them Ebay listings that are grossly overpriced if I do give them the stack. 

LOL    

Edited by aabruzzese