• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valnstevez@aol.com

15 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought from this ebayer ? They have alotta nice art but would like to hear if anyones dealt with them before. Thanks

http://stores.ebay.com/COOLLINES-ARTWORK_Comic-Book-Art-Covers_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Steve Donnelly, other half of the (in)famous Donnelly brothers (Rich and Steve). wink.gif

Over the years, they've received lots of flak for being notoriously difficult to do business with - though, in all fairness, I've heard of collectors who've had no problems at all with them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some nice pieces on offer there, from Steve, but a little pricey to my mind. frown.gif

I've almost bought from them several times, but I've heard enough stuff via word of mouth that has kept me from buying anything from them so far. Some of the comments on their negative/neutral feedback scare the heck out of me. I would be willing to take a chance with them if it wa the right piece though.

They do seem to have nice pieces, but I am surprised not all the auctions have images, and I think they're definitely too pricey... I mean, $9,500 for a Paul Neary Cap cover? (#322)

I know! - I love it when they list something without a picture. It just seems weird.

They do seem to have nice pieces, but I am surprised not all the auctions have images, and I think they're definitely too pricey... I mean, $9,500 for a Paul Neary Cap cover? (#322)

I know! - I love it when they list something without a picture. It just seems weird.

I've never bought anything from them - but they have always been good about sending me a scan when I request it. (Just seems kinda odd that I would HAVE to request it.)

I've never bought anything from them - but they have always been good about sending me a scan when I request it. (Just seems kinda odd that I would HAVE to request it.)

That's good. I'd like to feel comfortable buying from them in the future, so if anybody has any personal transaction details, let us know.

I've never had them reply once for a scan of a page. Even some pages that I've seen relisted over and over 5.00 cheaper each time with no bids when I was willing to bid on it the first time around if they would have replied with a decent scan instead of the postage sized scans or even worse is no picture at all.

I've bought a page or two off of them before, although this was years ago when they were in the SF Bay Area. Based on the area code of the phone number listed, they've relocated to north of Sacramento. I thought their prices were a little high, but I was able to negotiate a lower price and picked the pages up in person.

I bought some inexpensive ($50ish) type pages from them last year, stuff from the late 70s or early 80s. No problems that I can remember, although I think it took a while to get to me, although I took a while to send them a money order.