• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did I just buy TMNT #1??
11 11

165 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2023 at 2:28 PM, ExNihilo said:

Actually, flip that...I just read the description...you SOLD that for $8k?!  Now I'm curious to know who's the shmuck that bought it off of you.

And what grading standards you are going off of.

Screenshot_20230809_142915_eBay.thumb.jpg.2c19fc2eb41de735e477a33c48474627.jpg

On 8/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, SBRobin said:

Every time I think about buying a non-CGC graded comic on eBay, I'm going to remember this dude claiming to be a "comic guy" and then saying this book is a 9.0 - 9.4.

To be clear he called himself “Comicbook Guy” in the eBay description. And, well, the only person I’ve ever heard of refer to  themselves as Comicbook Guy is this man:

IMG_1723.png

On 8/8/2023 at 5:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sure that makes sense, lol I'm a bit jealous, but I want to be prepared if there are more like that are out there 😜😜!!

I did have an inkling that it was possible to find this late in the game, just thankful and or hopeful that it IS a first print. I'd be asking too lol

Far as I can tell I see the pics and why they're posted. Should have gobbley gook back ad in back and little blood on t and etc

Spoiler

I'm horrible at it but best tablet writing that I can do. What it is!?

Boardroom-Meeting-Suggestion.jpg