• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did I just buy TMNT #1??
11 11

165 posts in this topic

Edit: it's got the Gobbledygook ad. First Print? 

Edited by Cat

On 8/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Id also be curious what city or state this was, if you don't want to divulge the specific store? @Mike Oliver

On 8/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Id also be curious what city or state this was, if you don't want to divulge the specific store? @Mike Oliver

Slidell Louisiana and the store is called 

Magnolia House Antique Mall

On 8/8/2023 at 5:55 PM, Mike Oliver said:

Slidell Louisiana and the store is called 

Magnolia House Antique Mall

Sure that makes sense, lol I'm a bit jealous, but I want to be prepared if there are more like that are out there 😜😜!!

I did have an inkling that it was possible to find this late in the game, just thankful and or hopeful that it IS a first print. I'd be asking too lol

Far as I can tell I see the pics and why they're posted. Should have gobbley gook back ad in back and little blood on t and etc

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/8/2023 at 6:03 PM, Dr. Balls said:

No price on the back cover, that has to mean something?

Like I said TMNT is not my wheelhouse should there be pricing on the back cover? What about second and third print? I did measure it. I just got home and  the measurements are correct for the first print outside of that. This is all new territory for me.

On 8/8/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mike Oliver said:
On 8/8/2023 at 6:03 PM, Dr. Balls said:

No price on the back cover, that has to mean something?

Like I said TMNT is not my wheelhouse should there be pricing on the back cover? What about second and third print? I did measure it. I just got home and  the measurements are correct for the first print outside of

No harm no foul, good catch on the price

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Here's a website on counterfeits - which was interesting to read about. I never knew anything about TMNT #1 until I saw this thread, so that's cool.

https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-01-1st-printing-counterfeit-or-something-else/