• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gross negligence in quality control
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I originally submitted my GS X-men #1 for grading on 07/18/23 (submission # 4262249) and when it got back to me the top of the case wasn't sealed and one of the sides was misaligned, normally I would understand that these things happen but the issue there was this book sat in quality control for 3 days (it's an unlimited value submission with an estimated turnaround time of 2 days) and still made it out with issues that were clear to me as soon as I opened the box. I suspect no one in quality control paid a bit of attention to this book because a blind person could tell there was an issue just by feeling the case. I was somewhat understanding though and just resubmitted for mechanical error (submission #4302977) received by you on 8/07/23 after it sat in the storage facility for a week. I just got the book back this morning and as soon as I opened it I saw the same issues again, no one so much as looked at this book in the 4 days it was in processing. Someone literally took this out of the box sat it down and then 4 days later boxed it up and sent it back to me. Whoever in quality control that signed off on this book the first and second times should be terminated immediately. because they are very obviously not doing their job. I need to know how this can be rectified immediately.

• Administrator

Hello @Eric Keener,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I am very sorry to learn that your comic's holder arrived int his condition. I have emailed you instructions to return the book for a complimentary reholder. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 8/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, Eric Keener said:

I originally submitted my GS X-men #1 for grading on 07/18/23 (submission # 4262249) and when it got back to me the top of the case wasn't sealed and one of the sides was misaligned, normally I would understand that these things happen but the issue there was this book sat in quality control for 3 days (it's an unlimited value submission with an estimated turnaround time of 2 days) and still made it out with issues that were clear to me as soon as I opened the box. I suspect no one in quality control paid a bit of attention to this book because a blind person could tell there was an issue just by feeling the case. I was somewhat understanding though and just resubmitted for mechanical error (submission #4302977) received by you on 8/07/23 after it sat in the storage facility for a week. I just got the book back this morning and as soon as I opened it I saw the same issues again, no one so much as looked at this book in the 4 days it was in processing. Someone literally took this out of the box sat it down and then 4 days later boxed it up and sent it back to me. Whoever in quality control that signed off on this book the first and second times should be terminated immediately. because they are very obviously not doing their job. I need to know how this can be rectified immediately.

Had the same top of the case issue myself with a book submitted around the same time. Sent it back with mechanical error, saw it arrived, and currently waiting for it to appear in my submission tracking. We'll see if things turn out differently.