• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex lost my Heritage shipments
4 4

54 posts in this topic

:cry:

Well, poop. Fedex lost my books. I have them shipped to a shipping company so that they do not sit on my front porch for a few hours. Instead, Fedex just delivers them to some random business and cannot locate them. Just to be clear, not Heritage's fault. These are the golden age books that are missing and presumed stolen.

Golden Age (1938-1955):Cartoon Character, Four Color #308 Donald Duck (Dell, 1951) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white to white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Junior Miss #31 (Timely, 1948) CGC VG+ 4.5 Off-white to white pages....

Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, The Beagle Boys #10 File Copy (Gold Key, 1970) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, The Beagle Boys #21 File Copy (Gold Key, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....Bronze Age (1970-1979):Cartoon Character, Uncle Scrooge #120 (Gold Key, 1975) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

If you see them listed please let me know. I will update this thread with the police report once I get it. Thanks for any help you can give!

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I hate to use the word hate but I hate fedex. I have every account I get comics from noted specifically not to use fedex. Not a fan of the brown shorts company either but fedex is worse.The stuff they send almost never arrives the day it's supposed to. They lose stuff a lot. Basically it's always an ordeal with them. Maybe I'm just unlucky. .About a month ago an auction house accidentally sent me a book via fedex, stressed me out. Then it says delivered but it's not here. Created a lot of problems which I won't get into. I called them and they're like " We no lose", "We deliver comic to house" "Tracking say delivered" . Then about 7pm my doorbell rings, I see a box on my steps. A lady was about to drive away but I got her attention. It was delivered to her house on another street and luckily she was honest. Not one thing in my address or hers was similar other than the town and zip. They have one responsibilty, one simple task that requires 3 basic abilities - reading,  driving and walking. 

So will you be able to get your money back through insurance? I hope so. And like Lost said, keep an eye on e bay. I have a feeling he/she is an expert on matters such as this. .  Good Luck. 

P.S. Have Heritage put on your account to use usps only and if you ever sell with them and they want you to send the boks via fedex (which I think they do)  have them send you a box and shipping label this way it's on their account, they'll take the shipping charge out of your sales money. 

Edited by Professor K
post shortened

On 8/19/2023 at 12:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

I hope that you called Heritage as well.  Heritage has the ability to put pressure on a delivery service and in turn the driver they way Comiclink once did for me.  I am not at all opposed to someone on the Fed Ex team losing their job over this.  The drivers are either allowed or take it upon themselves to sign for parcels themselves and then leave them wherever.  They did this with my copy of Superman 3 which they delivered to someone else across town.  They did it with a high value action figure last summer that went down the block, and worse, they did it with one of my parent's medication. 

All three were located and recovered or brought to me but it took some not-so-nice pushing on my part and actions that many would consider threatening to menacing. 

Delivery staff should never sign for customers parcels.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

I hope that you called Heritage as well.  Heritage has the ability to put pressure on a delivery service and in turn the driver they way Comiclink once did for me.  I am not at all opposed to someone on the Fed Ex team losing their job over this.  The drivers are either allowed or take it upon themselves to sign for parcels themselves and then leave them wherever.  They did this with my copy of Superman 3 which they delivered to someone else across town.  They did it with a high value action figure last summer that went down the block, and worse, they did it with one of my parent's medication. 

All three were located and recovered or brought to me but it took some not-so-nice pushing on my part and actions that many would consider threatening to menacing. 

This is the second package in two months that has gone AWOL. The first was delivered to a beauty supply store half a city block away. The manager there called Heritage who called me and asked me to go get it. I was happy too as it was much better than the package disappearing. I'm going to give it one last try on Monday to see if I can shake some action loose on FedEx's part.

On 8/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, Professor K said:

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I hate to use the word hate but I hate fedex. I have every account I get comics from noted specifically not to use fedex. Not a fan of the brown shorts company either but fedex is worse.

FedEx and UPS are both bad, but FedEx is the worst. Registered mail is many orders of magnitude safer than either. The safeguards they have on registered mail are very strict. Parcels are signed for and put under lock and key every time they move. 

Even priority mail from the U.S.P.S. is safer than UPS or FedEx. We've all heard of U.S.P.S. employees throwing away junk mail on occasion so they don't have to deliver it, but that's extremely rare. The U.S. Postal Service doesn't hire just anybody. If you have a criminal record, you can forget about getting hired, and they don't hesitate to fire people for unprofessional conduct. You can even be fired for "conduct unbecoming" when you're not on the job.

FedEx and UPS do not screen people to that extent. So far as I can tell, they'll hire anyone who breathes.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 8/19/2023 at 9:44 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

FedEx and UPS are both bad, but FedEx is the worst. Registered mail is many orders of magnitude safer than either. The safeguards they have on registered mail are very strict. Parcels are signed for and put under lock and key every time they move. 

Even priority mail from the U.S.P.S. is safer than UPS or FedEx. We've all heard of U.S.P.S. employees throwing away junk mail on occasion so they don't have to deliver it, but that's extremely rare. The U.S. Postal Service doesn't hire just anybody. If you have a criminal record, you can forget about getting hired, and they don't hesitate to fire people for unprofessional conduct. You can even be fired for "conduct unbecoming" when you're not on the job.

FedEx and UPS do not screen people to that extent. So far as I can tell, they'll anyone who breathes.

Hi jimbo, yep for me USPS registered is the way to go. Almost impossible to get lost or stolen while they are in possession of it. And if it did they's know exactly where and when it happened. Lock and key like you said. I've sent thousands of books regular usps priority and can't think of any getting lost. A few got damaged but they always arrived. 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:58 PM, Professor K said:

Hi jimbo, yep for me USPS registered is the way to go. Almost impossible to get lost or stolen while they are in possession of it. And if it did they's know exactly where and when it happened. Lock and key like you said. I've sent thousands of books regular usps priority and can't think of any getting lost. A few got damaged but they always arrived. 

I've had all packages from Heritage and CConnect sent to me via USPS for a long time now. CLink only ships by FedEx (and they charge $65 to ship a book if it's over $1,500), which is why I've deprioritized CLink as a vendor.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 8/20/2023 at 8:39 AM, G.A.tor said:

I only use, rely and trust fedex. With dsr and a good relationship with my regular driver , it’s my only shipping preference 

(thumbsu

I hope I'm not jinxing myself forever, but I've had only great experiences with Fedex, both sending and receiving.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:58 AM, Professor K said:

Read the thread in the OA forum about all the thefts of USPS packages.  

On 8/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, action1kid said:

I’m just not comfortable sending 50k comic books via mail. And then I see this post which confirms it.

It sounds like the OP won these books in an auction and they were being shipped to him.

Other than going to Dallas to pick up the books in person (in which case you'll get hit with Texas state tax), what choice does he have other than to have the books mailed to him?

On 8/20/2023 at 12:27 AM, tth2 said:

It sounds like the OP won these books in an auction and they were being shipped to him.

Other than going to Dallas to pick up the books in person (in which case you'll get hit with Texas state tax), what choice does he have other than to have the books mailed to him?

I am having this very problem with Heritage and since I emailed them I have had to stop buying from them.  @HeritageComics

I like how Comiclink allows me to divert my package to Walgreens or a Fed Ex satellite site. Heritage (as of my last correspondence) still has a block on diverting packages so unfortunately I am staying away from their listings.  I am not going to take a day off from work to sit home wondering if the Fed Ex guy is actually coming that day even if it is marked for delivery. 

Comiclink allows me to send it to Walgreens.  Let's say the driver signs for it himself and drops it off somewhere else.  When I go to Walgreens if they do not have it, that's now between Walgreens and Fed Ex.  If Walgreens does not have the package when I go to pick it up, I never received it. 

Fed Ex is lazily incompetent when following their own protocols and seemingly have zero accountability.   I mean come on, I one time had to track down a package at the Fed Ex Hub in Bethpage where I waited in their office until they realized it would be best to find my package. 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, tth2 said:
On 8/19/2023 at 8:58 PM, Professor K said:

Read the thread in the OA forum about all the thefts of USPS packages.  

All package delivery companies have problems with quality control and theft.  I like USPS most followed by Fedex and then UPS.

On 8/19/2023 at 11:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am having this very problem with Heritage and since I emailed them I have had to stop buying from them.  @HeritageComics

I like how Comiclink allows me to divert my package to Walgreens or a Fed Ex satellite site. Heritage (as of my last correspondence) still has a block on diverting packages so unfortunately I am staying away from their listings.  I am not going to take a day off from work to sit home wondering if the Fed Ex guy is actually coming that day even if it is marked for delivery. 

Comiclink allows me to send it to Walgreens.  Let's say the driver signs for it himself and drops it off somewhere else.  When I go to Walgreens if they do not have it, that's now between Walgreens and Fed Ex.  If Walgreens does not have the package when I go to pick it up, I never received it. 

Fed Ex is lazily incompetent when following their own protocols and seemingly have zero accountability.   I mean come on, I one time had to track down a package at the Fed Ex Hub in Bethpage where I waited in their office until they realized it would be best to find my package. 

I received a package from Heritage 2 weeks ago.  $185 usd to ship a 15 lb box - 1 slab and 32 raw books.  I don't believe I will bid there again.