• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex lost my Heritage shipments
4 4

54 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2023 at 12:11 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I've had all packages from Heritage and CConnect sent to me via USPS for a long time now. CLink only ships by FedEx (and they charge ≈$70 to ship a book if it's over a certain amount—$1,300 I think), which is why I've deprioritized CLink as a vendor.

Call them again. They've been shipping to me using usps for a while now, a few years. pretty sure they'll send usps if you call to have it noted on your account. 

On 8/20/2023 at 5:23 AM, Professor K said:

Call them again. They've been shipping to me using usps for a while now, a few years. pretty sure they'll send usps if you call to have it noted on your account. 

I addressed this issue with them just last year. This was their reply when I asked why the shipping costs were so high:

"I see that you have not purchased anything over $1500 since 2013, which is now our value limit for shipping via Ground service. Since this order exceeds that amount, Express delivery service, which has proven to be more reliable than Ground, is required."

I then asked them about why they weren't using the post office because FedEx was known to be unreliable compared to the U.S. Postal Service:

"That hasn't been our experience with Fedex.  All of the carriers have issues from time to time unfortunately but we've had the best luck with Fedex overall."

They did not offer the option of using the post office even though I made my preference clear.

On 8/20/2023 at 1:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am not going to take a day off from work to sit home wondering if the Fed Ex guy is actually coming that day even if it is marked for delivery. 

Why not just have the package shipped to your work address?

On 8/20/2023 at 1:51 AM, Buzzetta said:

I like how Comiclink allows me to divert my package to Walgreens or a Fed Ex satellite site. Heritage (as of my last correspondence) still has a block on diverting packages so unfortunately I am staying away from their listings.  I am not going to take a day off from work to sit home wondering if the Fed Ex guy is actually coming that day even if it is marked for delivery. 

Wasn’t even aware Heritage had this policy at the time. Won a book on HA last year. As soon as I realized my book had shipped FedEx, I logged on to my FedEx account and diverted it to a store close to my work. Checked status every day and got notified when it got there. Picked it up on my way home. 

On 8/20/2023 at 4:47 AM, thehumantorch said:

I received a package from Heritage 2 weeks ago.  $185 usd to ship a 15 lb box - 1 slab and 32 raw books.  I don't believe I will bid there again.

There is no justification for that.  Did that at least include any and all importation fees or taxes to cross the border? 

On 8/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, tth2 said:

Why not just have the package shipped to your work address?

Not a good idea as any warm body could sign for it.  It would truly get lost amongst the sheer volume of packages that are sent there.  I work in a pre-war five story walk up, (Every day is leg day), and the Fed Ex drivers do not want to walk up the stairs.   They utilize a back area lobby for receipt of packages and two different entities share that space.  Everyone and anyone has access.  If Comiclink offers me the ability to divert packages and Comic Connect affords me options as well, it seems that Heritage is the one falling behind here.   They can say it "works for them" but it is not working for me so I shrug and spend my money elsewhere. 

If I had a high value package coming in and I knew that Fed Ex was reliable and there was no other option I guess I would take the day off.  However, Fed Ex is not and a too many times, a package that was marked as expected to be delivered is often not or signed for and not delivered as it sits on a truck until the driver truly gets around to delivering it.  I cannot expect a neighbor or family member to sit home and around their doorstep waiting like a dog to see if the truck comes by. 

On 8/20/2023 at 9:57 AM, Jayman said:

Wasn’t even aware Heritage had this policy at the time. Won a book on HA last year. As soon as I realized my book had shipped FedEx, I logged on to my FedEx account and diverted it to a store close to my work. Checked status every day and got notified when it got there. Picked it up on my way home. 

When I go into my account it states that the parcel cannot be diverted due to the shippers instructions.  

I was given a survey and they actually wrote me back. 

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 11.09.13 AM.png

@Buzzetta Not sure what happened then. Possibly a glitch in the system? At the time I had not bid on HA for a couple of years. Before bidding, I noticed HA still had my old work address for delivery. I updated it to my home address, bid and won the book. After receiving notification that it was being shipped FedEx, I just logged on and diverted it to a FedEx site with no restrictions. Maybe because it was to a FedEx site and not just another random address? (shrug)

On 8/20/2023 at 12:24 AM, tth2 said:

Read the thread in the OA forum about all the thefts of USPS packages.  

Were those packages sent registered mail, though? Any carrier's packages can be stolen if they don't require a signature.

With registered mail, if the addressee doesn't show picture identification and sign for the package, the package doesn't get delivered—full stop.

You've mentioned that you live overseas, so your situation may be different. When I worked in the corporate world, we always used DHL for shipping outside of the US.

On 8/20/2023 at 8:23 AM, Jayman said:

@Buzzetta Not sure what happened then. Possibly a glitch in the system? At the time I had not bid on HA for a couple of years. Before bidding, I noticed HA still had my old work address for delivery. I updated it to my home address, bid and won the book. After receiving notification that it was being shipped FedEx, I just logged on and diverted it to a FedEx site with no restrictions. Maybe because it was to a FedEx site and not just another random address? (shrug)

Same in CA.  My FedEx account allows me to change the delivery to Hold at Location - that being a FedEx location.  As shippers, in the FedEx system, for my account, HA and CL "allow" this.  CGC does not.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

Same in CA.  My FedEx account allows me to change the delivery to Hold at Location - that being a FedEx location.  As shippers, in the FedEx system, for my account, HA and CL "allow" this.  CGC does not.

Is it something new that HA allows that? They wouldn't let me re-route delivery of a comic back in 2018 or 2020. Both times I had to drive to a FedEx warehouse, which was extremely difficult to manage with my schedule. One of the two times was in the middle of one of the worst snowstorms we've had in recent memory. It was my only chance, though, because it was a Saturday—the only day when the hours they were open corresponded to times that I was off of work—and if I had waited until the following Saturday, I would have missed the deadline to get the comic, which would have been sent back to HA.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

Could it be a state issue then?   Is there another board member in NY that is seeing this?  I can't do that and even when I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong as of April of 2023, Heritage confirmed that they do not allow it in the email response. 

On 8/20/2023 at 8:55 AM, Buzzetta said:

There is no justification for that.  Did that at least include any and all importation fees or taxes to cross the border? 

Of course not.  That's about $250 cnd $ and unfortunately Canadian dollars are real dollars to me.  I guess it was quickest possible delivery but they should offer a slower method for cheaper books - most of these were cheap bulk GA lots and the shipping cost was almost 25% of the value of the contents.  Shipping has gotten incredibly expensive but this charge shocked me.  And I did call and complain but was ignored.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:43 AM, Buzzetta said:

Could it be a state issue then?   Is there another board member in NY that is seeing this?  I can't do that and even when I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong as of April of 2023, Heritage confirmed that they do not allow it in the email response. 

In the past there absolutely were state specific permissions, both on the sender side and shipper (HA) side I believe. CA and NY amongst them.

HA's language in the email may be understandable but not germain to your situation. "We" cannot "redirect". Once in route I could get that HA cannot reach into FexEx's system and institute either a change of shipping address or a Hold at location.

And it may also be that within FedEx's system, if you are an accountholder and not just viewing options through tracking, changing a shipping destination might be considered different than a Hold.  The variables need to be clearly understood.

Edited by Dr. Love

FedEx, UPS, and USPS are all functions of the employees.  Regionally there are huge differences in performance.  You should choose the one that works best for you at your location.  HA just had a problem with packages being stolen from the USPS facility that delivers to them, so I would be wary of using USPS with them at the moment.  

On 8/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, Dr. Love said:

In the past there absolutely were state specific permissions, both on the sender side and shipper (HA) side I believe. CA and NY amongst them.

HA's language in the email may be understandable but not germain to your situation. "We" cannot "redirect". Once in route I could get that HA cannot reach into FexEx's system and institute either a change of shipping address or a Hold at location.

And it may also be that within FedEx's system, if you are an accountholder and not just viewing options through tracking, changing a shipping destination might be considered different than a Hold.  The variables need to be clearly understood.

I’ve tried to do with Heritage the same thing I am already able to do with ComicLink.  Both notifications of shipment appear in my account when there is a package on the way to My address. Not being contrary as I will be emailing them again.  There was something that I wanted but did not even bother bidding on since it would have been too much of a hassle to receive it. 

I rent a small box at a UPS store near my business and have all packages delivered there. They accept any shipping company and I don’t need a box large enough to hold the package. They put a not in the box letting me know I have something at the desk. Always someone there to sign for it. It costs a few hundred dollars a year but well worth it. 

On 8/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, Jayman said:

Is it possible to change your shipping address on HA to a local FedEx site c/o your name? hm Then no redirect required.

I asked this question years ago and they said it I would have to accept that if anything happened to the parcel they would not be on the hook for it. I think they said I would have to sign off agreeing to that.