• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigrees...which are the "best" and how many are there???

27 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I am a new member to these boards, but have been a comic and other collectibles collector for years...mostly modern garbage, magic cards, toys, and autographs. My questions are, and I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, how does a comic get pedigree status?? How many different pedigrees are there out there?...I have seen Mile High, Mile High II, Don Rosa, Curator, Winnepeg, and many others. I recently read an article about certain pedigrees cgc 9.2 selling for more than non-pedigrees that were 9.4 due to better cover gloss? I would assume by this that a pedigree of the same grade would sell for more than a non-pedigree of the same grade. Any information would be helpful!!! Thanks for your time!!

Bill

Welcome!

The forum search feature will be of great use to you on this particular subject. =)

In one of those threads there is a complete list of the pedigrees. There are...50ish? Most begin and usually end in the Golden Age. There are around 15-20 that fall in the Silver/Bronze Ages.

Generally, yes, a pedigreed copy of a book will sell for more than the exact same grade/page quality book. It varies on the popularity of the pedigree.

Hi everyone

I am a new member to these boards, but have been a comic and other collectibles collector for years...mostly modern garbage, magic cards, toys, and autographs. My questions are, and I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, how does a comic get pedigree status?? How many different pedigrees are there out there?...I have seen Mile High, Mile High II, Don Rosa, Curator, Winnepeg, and many others. I recently read an article about certain pedigrees cgc 9.2 selling for more than non-pedigrees that were 9.4 due to better cover gloss? I would assume by this that a pedigree of the same grade would sell for more than a non-pedigree of the same grade. Any information would be helpful!!! Thanks for your time!!

Bill

Here are some threads we have had on the subject. Enjoy. popcorn.gif

Don Rosa Pedigree or Collection

CGC's view on Pedigree Designation

Yet another thread on the CGC Pedigrees

There needs to be a big book on comic pedigrees with detail origins, pictures and what was in the collection. I bet there is a high interest in such a book.

Matt Nelson (classics incorporated) is working on such a book, soon to be available, his website has some good info already on a few pedigrees.

linky....

www.classicsincorporated.com

click "Pedigree Book Update"

Its an addiction, these Pedigrees I tell you, and I blame Sfilosa for getting me started smile.gif
Its a communicable disease that has been spread from you to me!

I DONT EVEN COLLECT CAP'S!

Yet I bought one because its a pedigree

Heck, I don't collect DCs at all and I've been thiiiiis close to owning a whole lotta Demons.

Its an addiction, these Pedigrees I tell you, and I blame Sfilosa for getting me started

grin.gif

My granfather had a ton of GA books he used to read in the bathroom. Unfortunately, their gone now. But, If they had survived would they have been named the red flag pedigree or perhaps the grandpas toilet pedigree?