• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Petition to revert to the old site logo?
4 4

25 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 9:36 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

companies don't like to pay for people to sit around when there is very little.

That's very true, and in this day and age, probably a lot more hyper-focused on keeping the people on payroll working. I'm all for corporations doing what you guys do in your studio - it allows those big businesses to bring in fresher ideas from different perspectives by people who get to work with a variety of clients and doing contrasting research. For me, the best part of being at the agency was the constant challenge of working on unique messaging and design - rather than being stuck towing the line of the corporate mission on every project, every day.

They don't need these separate entities, so you wouldn't need all these logos. Just have Collectibles Grading Corporation, CGC.  Says it all.

When you go to a supermarket, there's (usually) one huge brand name sign on the store. You know what's in there. They don't need separate signage on the front for their produce department, meat counter, cereal aisle, dairy section,  etc.

On 8/23/2023 at 1:04 PM, Lightning55 said:

They don't need these separate entities, so you wouldn't need all these logos. Just have Collectibles Grading Corporation, CGC.  Says it all.

When you go to a supermarket, there's (usually) one huge brand name sign on the store. You know what's in there. They don't need separate signage on the front for their produce department, meat counter, cereal aisle, dairy section,  etc.

It's a good scenario, but they would have it under there store products, ie, ranch and store brand other things. I agree about the cgc/scales logo itself, but the other "ranch" , as in video games to cards could be a little more subdued under the main branding 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/22/2023 at 2:02 AM, Lightning55 said:

I don't like it all.

The new logos are terrible. It's almost like it was designed by school kids...and I made better graphic art in grade school. :D

Kind of hard to believe a Billion $ company would put out something so amateurish. It looks more like something a $5000 company would put out. 

I don't mind the font so much but I never really cared for the two silicone breast implants hanging off the scale.  rantrant