• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Viva la Valiants!
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2023 at 10:08 PM, jdandns said:

How long until they corrected the label from "Beau Smith" to "Barry Windsor Smith" on those? That's a funny one since Beau Smith isn't an artist, but a writer.  

I think it was corrected sometime in 2003.

Some very nice slabs in this topic already.  Here's one that hasn't been represented yet...

0990111019_12001.jpg.e0b19836bd1b3e950baf4e824514a701.jpg

... and here's the same label again (different certification number) with a totally different (wrong) book inside...

1059675013_12001.jpg.098bcdedfe51d2b4dab9e459640836a0.jpg

That one is actually the back cover (flip side) of Magnus #7.

Edited by valiantman

I kept my original run of Eternal Warrior and slabbed copies of EW1 Gold and Solar 10.

Sold off everything else.

After they were bought by DMG and screwed everyone over in the Eternal Warrior Kickstarter, I have sworn off the latest incarnation until I feel I have gotten my money's worth.

Part of that is sharing the PDF of Eternal Warrior: Scorched Earth in my Google Drive.   It is in a PDF format that the artists made sure were available.   If anyone has an alternative solution how to upload it and make it available to anything else other than a Google Drive I am all ears. 

Free download kids.  100+ pages.  They have gone silent and will not respond to the Kickstarter backers.  I am only out $35 but others are out a LOT more.  

"F" (DMG) Valiant

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M_9_KT-5SG6siJGBzNGySV0pswVKJMXY/view?usp=sharing

On 8/31/2023 at 7:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

I kept my original run of Eternal Warrior and slabbed copies of EW1 Gold and Solar 10.

Sold off everything else.

After they were bought by DMG and screwed everyone over in the Eternal Warrior Kickstarter, I have sworn off the latest incarnation until I feel I have gotten my money's worth.

Part of that is sharing the PDF of Eternal Warrior: Scorched Earth in my Google Drive.   It is in a PDF format that the artists made sure were available.   If anyone has an alternative solution how to upload it and make it available to anything else other than a Google Drive I am all ears. 

Free download kids.  100+ pages.  They have gone silent and will not respond to the Kickstarter backers.  I am only out $35 but others are out a LOT more.  

"F" (DMG) Valiant

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M_9_KT-5SG6siJGBzNGySV0pswVKJMXY/view?usp=sharing

Preunity valiant was such magic.  Then Jim Shooter was kicked out by the VCs.  After Dinesh and gang rebooted the universe, the magic came back.  Then he was kicked out.  DMG is probably going to die out like Accliam... wonder if the magic will ever return.  

Lighning in a bottle is a rare thing. For some like me it occurred once with Valiant, for  a smaller contingent of others twice, it will not occur again. 

I caution any looking to purchase Valiant Key slabs at current levels. FMVs will drop deeper and deeper. They are not books for the future, they are merely relics of a very tiny year or 2 of quality in the early 90s.

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/1/2023 at 1:06 PM, MAR1979 said:

I caution any looking to purchase Valiant Key slabs at current levels. FMVs will drop deeper and deeper. They are not books for the future, they are merely relics of a very tiny year or 2 of quality in the early 90s.

I concur, as someone who loved pre-Unity Valiant storytelling. It's never gonna be "collectible" again. There are not a lot of us that even remember those... what? 2-3 years tops? I wouldn't discourage anyone who just simply wants them in their personal collection, but I agree that "Valiant Keys" is not gonna be a thing, in the near or long-term future.  Unfortunately.