• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2023 - October 12th - 15th - Javits Center - New York, NY.
3 3

148 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, devald said:

Depends on when they’re signing (check social media for signing times), length of creator line (the witness will let you know if they can go to next artist/writer or if they need to go back to cgc booth), and where the creator is, artist alley or main floor (witnesses are usually assigned to one area)

best advice I can give is do the ground work above (figure out where and when each person is signing before grabbing a witness) and you’ll have a very pleasant and efficient experience. Hope you have a great show !

Yes, Yes, yes.  Very important to write down all the booth numbers

On 9/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, dbcn said:

Follow up question on getting a witness for the signings - do the witnesses charge..? I know when I use a facilitator there are sometimes additional witnessing fees, but maybe that's just with witnesses not directly working for the CGC..?

I also got a email to sign up for a 'signature reservation' today - it opened at 10am, I forgot about it & checked it this afternoon, and all of the reservations for Peach Momoko are now filled up - looks like she's signing from 10am-2pm which seems... a lot.

Does that mean she won't be signing books if you don't have a reservation for a time slot?

She was also the only one with reservations even available, so maybe other artists are just walk up?

I went to her table.  Around the corner they had ticket u could purchase for her

Jim Lee booth charges an extra $25 per book after online ticket purchase for their CGC witness.  BS

$30 Ottley

$30 Jason 

$25 Beaty (Marv Sup Secr wars 8)

$20 Humberto Ramos

$15 Phillip Kennedy Johnson

$10 Edgar Delgado ( I think)

Edited by juniorMC

On 10/13/2023 at 1:00 AM, juniorMC said:

Get there asap or You'll b standing in a 2 hr line. They'll grab u along with others going to the same area to cut down on the time.  Hopefully tomorrow will b better.  1 hr upstairs to get 8 slabs cracked, the 2 more downstairs waiting for witnesses.  Then they kept leaving me because they were called off to do other things.  Was a bad day today, Thursday this 12th day of October

thx @juniorMC - good info to have & thx for the post with prices on the signatures. I hope they work out the kinks by Sunday - I doubt my 12yo will be too keen on waiting in an hour long line rather than looking for Funkos.... I may have to lower my expectations on how much I can get accomplished. : /

On 10/12/2023 at 7:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Picked up the pencils and the inks on blue line pair of pages for the splash in GI Joe 275 by Robert Atkins, inked by his brother.   I don't mind reporting what I paid since I do not sell the artwork I pick up.  He did $600 for the pair. 

The pencil page was / is offered on More Great Art for $500. The inks were not listed so upon seeing them I did not want to break up the set.

As far as pictures, I went live on IG at some point.  I would have to take some stills from the videos.

IMG_7402.jpeg

IMG_7403.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

lovely artwork pickups for a nice price!

just followed you on inst but you know live videos are not permanent. better to post reels and reg videos for those of us with a life who dont spend all day watching live streams. 

On 10/12/2023 at 9:52 PM, juniorMC said:

Sneezing in hands and wiping it on pants. I do it all the time, What's wrong with that

Maybe because it is disgusting and can spread your cooties to others? Ever consider washing your hands? Same thing goes for folks who seem to be scared of soap and deodorant at cons.

I heard of 3 folks who were unlucky enough to pick up Covid at Baltimore…

On 10/12/2023 at 11:00 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks! Appreciate it, man. If not, no worries. Didn’t realize they were giving out codes until this afternoon. 

Got it…on the way home.  Will send it to you once I’m gone and unpack.  It wasn’t a hassle at all.  I walked up with Jay and asked about it and the guy handed me a slip with the codes 

Edited by Buzzetta

Made it to my first NYCC yesterday and today. Got there at 9:15 on Thursday and queued with all the early birds in the corral room in the basement level. I mainly buy GA DC and thought there was definitely a good supply of those… especially early Batmans, Flash Comics, and Sensations. Harley had some great books, as did many other dealers. And the stuff I looked at seemed fairly priced.

Highlight for me was seeing the Marvel Comics 1 - October Copy in Heritage’s case. 

Today (Friday) - decided to get there a bit later to avoid the corral. Got there around 11:00 and the place was an absolute zoo. In the comic dealers area, you could pass through aisles, but elsewhere it felt like sardines. 

This was by far the most overwhelming show I’ve been to in terms of attendance. If I were to do NYCC again, I would only come on the Thursday. Also, the WIFI in the convention hall is absolute garbage, in case you need to text, or communicate, or *gasp* PayPal or Venmo.

Didn’t buy anything but I expected it going in (spent my NYCC budget on three books earlier this month that I couldn’t pass up). But I got some great leads, especially on a most-wanted grail.

The cosplay and peoplewatching were also fun. Did anybody else see that Vampirella? Vavavoom, good lordy!

Edited by gumption
misspelling

On 10/13/2023 at 6:50 PM, Buzzetta said:

Got it…on the way home.  Will send it to you once I’m gone and unpack.  It wasn’t a hassle at all.  I walked up with Jay and asked about it and the guy handed me a slip with the codes 

Really appreciate it! Thanks!

On 10/13/2023 at 12:28 AM, juniorMC said:

I just had a serious issue with lyte. I was only able to purchased thur&sun.  I signed up with lyte to get Fri and sat.  I got the Friday in the mail, but they were still working on securing Sat.  Thurs morning at 0640 I received this email:  YOU'RE GOING TO THE NEW YORK COMIC CON. YOUR TICKETS HAVE BEEN SECIRED FOR NEW YORK COMIC CON 2023.  Great, right, then at 0850 I got this email: RESERVATION CANCELED.  WE CANCELED YOUR RESERVATION BECAUSE WE COULDN'T CHARGE YOU.

I have no idea what this means.  It's the same card used to purchase the Friday ticket,  checked my credit union and I have 3k in that account, if there's ever an issue my credit union sends me a text, email or call.  I received nothing from them so I have no idea what happened.  I spoke to will call for the comic con and they said they have nothing to do with lyte and that they had a booth there last year but not this time.  I'm guessing they were gettin a lot of negative feedback so they decided not to show up this year. 

A big problem with lyte is that they have no phone number.  The only way to contact them is either using the "BOT", which doesn't have a clue what any question it's being answered unless it's an easy simple answer like how do i return tickets, where do I pick up tickets and email, which I did and of course there was no response.  Being this is the comic con weekend you'd think they'd get back asap especially when it deals with ticket purchasing.  Personally I'm not happy with them

Update.  Lyte did respond at 1606 by saying they've restored my request and will try fulfilling it soon.  I have to go thru some steps to to confirm my banking info, but I bought one in the street after I left.  I'll try to keep them on hold until I get I side to make sure the ticket is legit, but they did get back to me prior to Saturday

On 10/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, AndyFish said:

It shouldn't have taken Covid to teach some people common sense hygiene but once again when I was at a show (this time Baltimore) I'm amazed at the number of people who walk past me and out while I'm washing my hands in a public restroom.  

Were there long lineups to use the washrooms because of cosplayers adjusting their costumes?

image.thumb.jpeg.6b9248db90e6bc7b076bff7e2ffff5f7.jpeg