• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2023 - October 12th - 15th - Javits Center - New York, NY.
3 3

148 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2023 at 10:05 PM, juniorMC said:

Update.  Lyte did respond at 1606 by saying they've restored my request and will try fulfilling it soon.  I have to go thru some steps to to confirm my banking info, but I bought one in the street after I left.  I'll try to keep them on hold until I get I side to make sure the ticket is legit, but they did get back to me prior to Saturday

So the Tynion booth is charging $15 per book for witness fees regardless whether cgc is there or not. That's in addition to his signature fees. And good luck with keeping a cgc witness with u.  After 3 sigs they get called away and u have to find someone else.

On 10/13/2023 at 11:02 AM, Robot Man said:

Maybe because it is disgusting and can spread your cooties to others? Ever consider washing your hands? Same thing goes for folks who seem to be scared of soap and deodorant at cons.

I heard of 3 folks who were unlucky enough to pick up Covid at Baltimore…

Edited by juniorMC

On 10/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, woowoo said:

CAN WE GET SOME CLOSE-UP PICTURES OF GREAT BOOKS :banana:

Haha, not now, everything is boarded and bags with a board in the front.  I protect my investments.  Just giving an update.  Will get back later.  Back to work now

On 10/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, woowoo said:

CAN WE GET SOME CLOSE-UP PICTURES OF GREAT BOOKS :banana:

I am skipping today.  Long work week and by the end of the show yesterday I was just going through the motions.   If I go tomorrow, I will walk around and take more pictures. 

Just too tried... how tired?  I am passing on seeing Ric Flair. 

Yesterday I did pick this up though... 

Heh 

IMG_7458.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, Paul Whitthorne said:

If I get a book signed by Simonson at his table, can I get a CGC rep to certify the signature?

I believe you need go to the CGC table first & get a witness to go with you - if CGC doesn't see the signature, you'll get a green rather than yellow label when you submit the book. 

8 books dune this morning by Johns Frank, zub, And Anderson.  That's was quick cause they were all nxt to each other

8 books signed by tynion.  Still standing around waiting to get jae lee, artgerm & mobilli on those books. Then I have more to do

On 10/14/2023 at 2:33 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Anyone running into the Sumerian Comics booth for the American Psycho 1 "Business Card" Foil or Steel Editions?

I'll make it well worth your while if you can secure a foil edition. PM me!

massive-sumerian-comics-comic-books-incentives-american-psycho-1-of-4-cvr-e-1-10-incv-var-bruder-mr-81013165004900151-aug231163-39501534626044_700x.jpg

Don't see the booth.  Find out what booth

On 10/15/2023 at 9:36 AM, juniorMC said:

Don't see the booth.  Find out what booth

Thank you for the message, I didnt see it quick enough.  I wish I could have got my hands on a foil; the one available on ebay just went off for $380.  The regular cover "E" business card edition (1:10 ratio) is flying off ebay right now.  The publisher is doing different "Pierce & Pierce" business card covers for remaining 4 issues in the 5-issue mini-series.  Paul Allen is issue #2, David Van Patten is issue #3 so far!

On 10/15/2023 at 6:19 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Thank you for the message, I didnt see it quick enough.  I wish I could have got my hands on a foil; the one available on ebay just went off for $380.  The regular cover "E" business card edition (1:10 ratio) is flying off ebay right now.  The publisher is doing different "Pierce & Pierce" business card covers for remaining 4 issues in the 5-issue mini-series.  Paul Allen is issue #2, David Van Patten is issue #3 so far!

Sorry,  I looked up Sumerian on the directory in exhibitor and artists, but didn't see the name.  I only managed to get 2 sets of exclusives and that's only because I was at the cgc booth talking to 2 guys who had a set of 4 arcbound metal books that looked really good. They told me where to get then and the upstairs wasn't as heavy trafficked as downstairs, so the booth was much easier to get to.  since it was about 3:30 sunday I only managed to get the 4 display books they had left and a complete set of 5 regular books.  I didn't get the 1 hot book out of the 5 metal covers.  These r the Tom Hardy books.  Also while getting sigs today my witness had to check on the Eastman table to find out what time Eastman would show up and while there he asked a bout a set of books.  The Eastman guy said there r only a few available and very limited, so my witness asked him to hold a set of 2 for him and he paid right there.   I didn't want to miss out on something that might be hot o I told the guy hey, I want me a set to.  No idea what there are cause I didn't even get a chance to look and I haven't gotten home yet.