• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clink auction shill bidding?
4 4

76 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2023 at 10:49 AM, Professor K said:

I wish they would make them so they come off easier, like just peel off in one shot. I think they are now easier to remove than they used to be. 

If it works than that sounds good. I think I've tried it at least once. But I'm serious about the magic of olive oil. I get most of the paper off and the olive oil takes the glue residue right off. 

In Rome they used rub it all over their bodies than scrape it off with a special tool. Clean as a whistle those Romans.

tl9ef5rg8vm41.jpg

Clink will put their stickers on anything.  

On 8/31/2023 at 8:26 PM, drmccoy74 said:

All you really need are 2 people to run a book up. It's not always a shill bid. Somebody just might be pissed off at the other bidder and won't stop until he beats him.

You can often tell when it's shill bidding if a book gets pumped early and has more bids than other books .

Like I said, my books always sit with minimal bids and low prices compared to other equal books in the same actions. 

On 8/31/2023 at 10:49 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

This is very true. Years ago, Me and RMI High Tech kept bidding against each other in various auctions, always going after the same high grade DD books. He knew it was me. I knew it was him. We'd confirm that via email from time to time, talking about how high we would or would not go. 

Price fixing. Mods notified. :baiting:

On 9/1/2023 at 12:10 AM, buttock said:

Clink will put their stickers on anything.  

In order to test this theory I'm going ask them to put one on your forehead the next time I see you. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 8/31/2023 at 6:26 PM, drmccoy74 said:

All you really need are 2 people to run a book up. It's not always a shill bid. Somebody just might be pissed off at the other bidder and won't stop until he beats him.

I do that often.

”Outbid? I’ll show YOU outbid!”

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

You are the high bidder!

“Take that!”

Five minutes later:

*new email notification*

You have been outbid!

IMG_5045.gif.e9a3280c21a6a1eacb2b8ae60d334eb1.gif

On 9/1/2023 at 12:34 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I do that often.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

You are the high bidder!

“Take that!”

Five minutes later:

*new email notification*

You have been outbid!

bid in the last 3 seconds like me.

giphy.gif

On 8/31/2023 at 7:26 PM, drmccoy74 said:

It doesn't even need that drama.  If FMV for a book is say, $1000, all it takes is one person that really wants the book and will bid up to $1500 on it while another person really really wants it really bad and is willing to bid it up to $1501+.  Now you have a book going for over 50% of FMV just because 2 people wanted it bad enough - maybe to complete a run, maybe just because they wanted the comic, etc. And for some of these keys or GA comics, you probably get that.  Now imagine people who are multi-millionaires or billionaires bidding on some comics that couldn't care about the difference between $10,000 and $25,000, and that's where the crazy begins. lol.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I do that often.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

Minimum bid.

You are the high bidder!

“Take that!”

Five minutes later:

*new email notification*

You have been outbid!

Current bid (with 10 seconds left to go) : $250

Sold for : $750.

Well, my Spidey hit a 2 year GPA low and the other one came it at the 12 month average. C'est la vie

My Avengers #28 hit a 6 year low, not a good night for me lol

Edited by toro