• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Comic Books in my possession
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am going through roughly 2k comics I have in Original shipping bags and Comic Boxes. There are some showing a fairly sizable value, however they need to be graded. I checked the boxes availability and I could not see any available to purchase. 

Is there a process to notify ahead that I am sending comics? I looked at the newbie area and really didnt find anything outside how to ship comics for grading.

I would really like to get specific comics graded and in a better protective covering. Many of my comics are from DC, Marvel, and other brands from the 60's through the late 90's.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by GuardianXPS

On 8/26/2023 at 3:30 AM, GuardianXPS said:

Hi,

I am going through roughly 2k comics I have in Original shipping bags and Comic Boxes. There are some showing a fairly sizable value, however they need to be graded. I checked the boxes availability and I could not see any available to purchase. 

Is there a process to notify ahead that I am sending comics? I looked at the newbie area and really didnt find anything outside how to ship comics for grading.

I would really like to get specific comics graded and in a better protective covering. Many of my comics are from DC, Marvel, and other brands from the 60's through the late 90's.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

You're asking how to submit comics to CGC?

Start here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/how-to-submit/

On 8/26/2023 at 12:30 AM, GuardianXPS said:

I would really like to get specific comics graded and in a better protective covering.

There is no better "covering" than a Mylar sleeve (housed within an acid-free Archival Storage Box, if you wish).  :preach:  The Library of Congress does not send our country's landmark documents to CGC to "protect" them.  If you want to have your books third-party certified/graded, knock yourself out.  (thumbsu  But don't do it because you think CGC's holder provides your comics with the best long-term protection.  (tsk)

On 8/26/2023 at 11:43 AM, zzutak said:

There is no better "covering" than a Mylar sleeve (housed within an acid-free Archival Storage Box, if you wish).  :preach:  The Library of Congress does not send our country's landmark documents to CGC to "protect" them.  If you want to have your books third-party certified/graded, knock yourself out.  (thumbsu  But don't do it because you think CGC's holder provides your comics with the best long-term protection.  (tsk)

I find plastic is much better at protecting from bends and drops than Mylar.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:15 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

None of it matters since this is another phantom troll post where the OP poses a question and is never seen again.

It's just a way to post, get approved by mods, then have free reign.

Stu made a career of creating fake first posts.