• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think? Crack and Clean?
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Curious what you all think on this, is it worth cracking cleaning and pressing? I think the back cover in particular could really be improved.

Graders notes: 

crease full center of back cover
crease full center of front cover
moderate creasing to cover
soiling on cover
spine stress lines to cover
wear all corners of cover

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

I doubt you'd get higher than a 4.5 with a C&P. Maybe. 4.0 might be it's max. Sub crease both covers - that's the book's major faults. All other faults mentioned in the graders notes fall within the VG range. 2c

On 9/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, grendelbo said:

I doubt you'd get higher than a 4.5 with a C&P. Maybe. 4.0 might be it's max. Sub crease both covers - that's the book's major faults. All other faults mentioned in the graders notes fall within the VG range. 2c

On 9/3/2023 at 12:42 PM, Lightning55 said:

I agree with @grendelbo. The defects are not going away, just present better overall, mostly due to a good cleaning. There are suspicious stains at the bottom center of the rear cover that could also be present on the pages.

A shame to slab a grimey book without cleaning it first.

On 9/4/2023 at 12:02 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

A 4.5 is kinda the max grade for a sub crease.

That’s what she said!