• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The entire chat forum will be temporarily unavailable on September 11th
6 6

119 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike more saved reply stuff when I open a reply to post.

This wasn't a copy and paste or anything, it was just there for some odd reason...  :cheers:

Screenshot_20230923_170600_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have seen this numerous times when trying to work on a sales thread, along with so many other problems that I no longer report.  Nothing has changed for me, or apparently others, so I stopped reporting these glitches.  I just spend less time here, or run smaller sales threads.

Since no one at tech support seems to be able to help with certain issues, I am currently testing something in my browser that seems to show promise.  I won't report on it just yet...I want to work on my sales thread for a few days and make sure.  I believe there is an incompatibility with the Invision software and Google Chrome (PC only) regarding certain aspects, but I only spend time at length on my computer and not my other devices.  Running a sales thread from a tablet or smartphone just seems like to much work.

My I.T. background goes all the way back to Windows 2K, Networks, and computer hardware.  I'm not savvy with web code or browser intricacies.  So I'm taking this test upon myself.  Invision is a mess...it works for some people, works sometimes for others, and causes nightmares for the rest.  Remember, I took about a 5 month break from these forums because I'd had enough.  Again, nothing seems to have changed.

Oh, and all the suggestions offered by so many here that are trying to be helpful?  I was doing most of those throughout the last two years, and continue doing them just to prove that the boards are a broken toy from an individual standpoint.  It's not me...I am 99.8% certain of it.  I've started noticing problems going back three years, and watched them continue to get worse.  Upgrading the website doesn't fix anything, as far as I'm concerned :)

UPDATE:  It took two tries to get this to post.  Sometimes, more than that. :(

Edited by Galen130

Here's a screenshot of something I've been seeing for a long time...again, I gave up reporting it.  This just happened, and it does not matter how old the post is.  I know I can't edit a post that is over two years old, but this post was started September 7th.  Yes, THIS month... :(

Seriously????

UPDATE:  When I tried to post with the screenshot, I got that 'unable to upload photo' error.  I see that way too much, especially when I'm working on a sales thread.  So I had to reload the page and do it again.  I guess the fix I was testing doesn't work.  Figures....

Screenshot (23).png

Edited by Galen130

On 9/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

I logged in to your account and did not see the reply button either.  That is very strange.  

Wait, what?

Moderators can log in and be us? :whatthe:

On 9/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, Galen130 said:

I have seen this numerous times when trying to work on a sales thread, along with so many other problems that I no longer report.  Nothing has changed for me, or apparently others, so I stopped reporting these glitches.  I just spend less time here, or run smaller sales threads.

There are so many problems with the forum software that there always seems to be something wrong with it. Quote not working, the replies form keeps disappearing, notifications not taking you to newest messages. Like you I don't even bother talking about it. These things happen daily. I just tend to come here less often (which I know some people greatly appreciate :D).

On 9/26/2023 at 12:57 AM, VintageComics said:

Wait, what?

Moderators can log in and be us? :whatthe:

I wouldn't worry too much about it Roy. I don't fancy logging in as me most days so I can't imagine why anyone else would want to hm

In more pressing news, you've only got 700 posts to go to hit 100K.  Again.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:34 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it Roy. I don't fancy logging in as me most days so I can't imagine why anyone else would want to hm

In more pressing news, you've only got 700 posts to go to hit 100K.  Again.

I've got a contract clause inserted. If CGC Mike logs into my account he takes on my bills. Works like a charm. 

On 9/26/2023 at 5:56 PM, Cat said:

I've got a contract clause inserted. If CGC Mike logs into my account he takes on my bills. Works like a charm. 

And he has to eat Whiskas for a week JPEG_20190312_064202.thumb.jpg.7d04cabe4b5a0b27da63880469c2f4c2.jpg.3fed58d3ffd71861dfeb2f8dfa90b73c.jpg

:bump:

I get temporary server error on a Dell laptop as well as my phone a moto g 5g.

Where it will no longer refresh, I just have to walk away and come back later.

Tablet is a Samsung tablet for those reply errors we had the other day, I think that report went through. Phone reply was the main issue and the more damage control issue with no way to reply in threads. I don't recall you asking what kind of phone etc.

Okay, so another unannounced maintenance outage that wasn't posted?  I personally didn't see anything.  And it happened right in the middle of posting a listing in my sales thread.  On top of that, I have to sign back in afterwards on my PC, but not my iPad.  WTH is going on????!!!!!  It's time for Invision to go away.

• Administrator
On 10/3/2023 at 12:57 PM, Galen130 said:

Okay, so another unannounced maintenance outage that wasn't posted?  I personally didn't see anything.  And it happened right in the middle of posting a listing in my sales thread.  On top of that, I have to sign back in afterwards on my PC, but not my iPad.  WTH is going on????!!!!!  It's time for Invision to go away.

When was this outage?  I don't get notified unless it is something large, like the merging of the sports card forum.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, CGC Mike said:

When was this outage?  I don't get notified unless it is something large, like the merging of the sports card forum.

I didn't take a screenshot, but it was about a half hour ago, give or take.  I took a shower and got dressed during that time, so I don't know how long it lasted.  I saw the typical maintenance message though, on my PC.

Edited by Galen130

• Administrator
On 10/3/2023 at 1:05 PM, Galen130 said:

I didn't take a screenshot, but it was about a half hour ago, give or take.  I took a shower and got dressed during that time, so I don't know how long it lasted.  I saw the typical maintenance message though, on my PC.

hm  I was steadily surfing the forum and did not notice it.  

On 10/3/2023 at 11:08 AM, CGC Mike said:

hm  I was steadily surfing the forum and did not notice it.  

Figures.  Whatever happened, I’m done on my computer for the day.  Wish I had taken that screenshot. 🤬

• Administrator
On 10/3/2023 at 1:16 PM, Galen130 said:

Figures.  Whatever happened, I’m done on my computer for the day.  Wish I had taken that screenshot. 🤬

I believe you.  Maybe you should sign up for the grading contest for some relaxing time here.  

On 10/3/2023 at 12:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Or I could sing for you? hm

Lol :cheers:

:jokealert: I believe I could fly!

Fun with Richard and Jane movie, to lighten the mood.

1i7vyg.jpg

Registry Maintenance is over. I know they're supposed to do some big update to that eventually, but idk, and there is no ETA?