• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Tracking Status is "Safe/Completed": Can anyone tell me what this means?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

It may seem like a silly question, but hear me out:

I've been grading with CGC for a little while now - nowhere near as long as most of y'all, but long enough that I think I've seen nearly everything.
I'm very diligent with tracking my submissions. I typically check the Submission Tracking webpage at least twice a day to keep my personal tracking spreadsheet as current as possible. Usually, when a submission leaves the "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" sage, it goes right to "Shipped". For this particular submission, instead of being "Shipped", it was labelled as "Safe/Completed". It has been at this status for almost 3 weeks, with no perceived movement and no responses from CGC Customer Service.

I first noted the status on August 21. I assumed it was either a new in-between step from "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" to "Shipped", or merely a status I hadn't observed before.
On August 23, after observing 2 days of inactivity, I contacted CGC Customer Service through their new SMS Customer Service line. I waited a week and received no response from the SMS line, so I visited the CGC Contact webpage and stated my case into their Customer Service form. I am still yet to receive a response.

Has anyone else seen this specific status for a submission? Can anyone educate me on what exactly it means?

• Administrator

Hello @R1V3R, thank you for contacting us! We are so sorry to hear you have not heard from us on the Customer Service team. Unfortunately, we were having trouble with our SMS messages going through, as phone carriers thought our messages were spam and our messages could not be seen on your end. This has since been resolved, so feel free to email in at any point!

Can you please kindly provide us with the submission number you are referring to in your post? When I check your chat board name, it does not link to a customer number.

Thank you in advance!

Okay no worries! I thought it might be something like that. Thank you for responding now!

The order number is CGC2236005246. The submission number is 4295623.
I may have to update my authorization on the account.

• Administrator

Hello @R1V3R

Thank you for providing the additional information. I am reaching out to you via email. The email will go to the email address on file for the account, which is different than the one listed here. 

Let us know if you need any additional assistance.