• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Paypal / ebay codes

74 posts in this topic

According to Redflagdeals.com (specifically http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/tbp_dec_1_ebay_paypal/ )

C11-GIFTGUIDE - 10% off highest priced item in purchase, up to $25 off

C-NOEL-eBay - 10% off highest priced item in purchase, up to $25 off

Both coupons expire on December 18. The 2nd coupon has been reported as problematic.

You have to use it when you're paying via Paypal... it'll offer you a field to type in coupons or discount codes (I forget the actual wording). It's pretty hard to miss though.

The big drawback is that if the code DOESN'T work for whatever reason, you've already committed to buy the product from the seller. I only use the code if I'm already happy with the price, and consider it a nice bonus if the code works.

I wasn't going to post this, but since questionable eBay auctions are mentioned frequently, I thought some of you would get a kick out of this screen grab. It's even worse than it looks at first glance--make sure to read the fine print at the bottom:

pic2145.jpg" border="1

That, my friends, is sick. Who the hell would just sell the box? Obviously to scam someone.

Yep, and every year that kind of thing happens with the "hot item" of the Xmas season. Some start selling empty boxes, while advertising and displaying the entire item, and EBay does not end them as they are essentially selling real box.

And then they wonder why more people are leaving EBay and are hesitant to buy anything online. screwy.gif

Of course, but the images he uses are of the actual XBOX 360 box and contents, and not the "hand made" box he's advertising. That's enough to close the auction, according to EBay rules.

I looked up a few closed auctions, and they're all NARU'd accounts now, so apparently EBay is waking up to the problem.

Both coupons expire on December 18. The 2nd coupon has been reported as problematic.

Well, if that doesn't work, you could always try these:

eBay coupon: 10% off via PayPal

eBay again knocks 10% off with no minimum required via coupon code "C11-GIFTGUIDE". A $25 maximum discount applies, and you must pay via PayPal. Or, use coupon code "C22-GiftGuide" to take $15 off purchases of $50 or more, and "C23-GiftGuide" for $15 off $100 or more. No expiration date is given for these coupons.

Larry

About that auction:

- notice it was a one-day auction too. He was hoping to get someone bid in a rush of excitement, but not allow that person time to read that auction more closely. If it was a normal seven-day auction, and you bid on Day Five, that leaves you plenty of time to read the auction more closely and then retract your bid or report it to eBay.

The seller knew his stuff, that's for sure.

The buyer probably won't even notice until it arrives. I see a very unhappy buyer and probably kid in Christmas. However the system is selling for over $1000 bucks online so the buyer should have thought it was a decent steal.