• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

110 posts in this topic

Try having your cards sent in bulk when turn around time was 45 days and they are still in g/e/I what horrible service . But psa is gonna open regular subs soon so they will help with some turn around time but not most , this company took on more then they can handle and dose nothing but come up with excuses . I have 6 total bulk orders with this company that I did in a group sub and have got 1 back . We get nothing but the run around from this company and it be nice if they were just open and honest like the competition is . 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:55 AM, Big Fans Sports said:

How long once our submission reaches this phase should we expect shipment.  My 90 card order, delivered in early July, entered 8/19 has been sitting in this phase for 2 months.  

Same here on a 50 card order , they should add a counter to everyone`s CSG homepage to show you how many times you got LOL`d.....lol

On 1/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, chays said:

Same here on a 50 card order , they should add a counter to everyone`s CSG homepage to show you how many times you got LOL`d.....lol

CS did tell me soon tho , when I called complaining about it. I`ll just be happy to get em back at this point . CC charge back in Nov. killed me with no return investment back on it yet . Mailman has started throwing me treats everyday when I hear the mail truck pull up and I run out.....lol

It truly is sad how incompetence is rewarded in today’s time.  No accountability and a company’s word means nothing.  I’m responsible for sending tons of cards instead of testing the waters.   My advice as someone who has submitted thousands of cards  to multiple grading organizations is to DO YOUR RESEARCH.  Hard Grader which is fine but re-sell is 🗑.  Turn around times are 🗑. Until last few orders were consistent but even now that is 🗑.  I’m not whining over bad grades.  I would encourage anyone to check eBay, Check with people whom have gotten grades with CSG.  Next,  look at their labels etc, and read most the comments on these boards.  One day bc of the $ and Fanatics connection maybe they become a major player and improve but until then this will be my very last Sub with them.  It’s funny after they got my feedback how my last 3- subs the grades plummeted.   Maybe just a coincidence, but either way I won’t be taking a chance again 

Edited by Jeremy Autry

If you are looking for quick flips CSG is not the company to submit to. Quality cards still seem to go for decent amount but base and low value stuff a 9.5 is about 30-40% psa10 value if lucky. 

Where CSG excels imo is the actual grading. They seem by far the most consistent and hardest graders in the market. This will bode very well over time as long as they keep these high standards. Eventually the market will get PSA10 overload and be looking for more options and the cream always rises to the top. A few higher end CSG sales and all of a sudden people aren't scared to pull the trigger.

The label is purely a cosmetic aspect which i feel is almost an excuse nowdays. You can't tell me a PSA label looks good? Of course not but the value looks nice so you ignore it. Not so long ago BGS were right up there with PSA. Things change and can change very rapidly. 

Edited by CarpetPunter

On 2/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, CarpetPunter said:

If you are looking for quick flips CSG is not the company to submit to. Quality cards still seem to go for decent amount but base and low value stuff a 9.5 is about 30-40% psa10 value if lucky. 

Where CSG excels imo is the actual grading. They seem by far the most consistent and hardest graders in the market. This will bode very well over time as long as they keep these high standards. Eventually the market will get PSA10 overload and be looking for more options and the cream always rises to the top. A few higher end CSG sales and all of a sudden people aren't scared to pull the trigger.

The label is purely a cosmetic aspect which i feel is almost an excuse nowdays. You can't tell me a PSA label looks good? Of course not but the value looks nice so you ignore it. Not so long ago BGS were right up there with PSA. Things change and can change very rapidly. 

I think people have to find value or a benefit of grading with a company.  CSG bills well in advance of getting your cards.  Next, to be newer the turn around times are atrocious and not as advertised.  Furthermore, I do agree they are a more difficult grader but not consistent.  If a card is a clean copy then it should be graded as such.  I could give many examples as they graded over 1000 cards for me on my initial order.  Labels are opinions but CSGs are awful and that’s a consensus.  Most people grade midrange to low end here bc values aren’t high but I can see where a PC item would be fine.  It’s just they have ZERO advantage over competitors at this point.  But they do have money and so maybe that will change.  The service, turnaround, resell, and I could argue grades of late have been less than good.  A lot needs to change.  Read most the comments here.  I have big vendors who do repacks who won’t even look at buying CSG slabs.  No one knows future but for now it’s a Hard Pass.

I agree resell value for CSG is very low at this point however, turnaround times are significantly better than PSA and Beckett.  I have 5 bulk orders returned from CSG and it is about 6 months however PSA and Beckett are over a year now.  My PSA order from Jan of 2021 is still being researched.  Price point also makes sense for some submitters.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, CarpetPunter said:

I couldn't disagree more with the resell aspect, and 30-40% of PSA value is just not true, and I have the spreadsheets to prove that. 

Like anything, you just have to know wtf you are doing. I have sold well over 400 CSG cards and have made a killing. I've taken a loss on roughly 25 or so, but I'm talking $2-3 loss on each one and they were graded between 6-8, compared to literally multiple multiple thousands of dollars in sales through a variety of marketplaces (eBay, StarStock, in person deals, and more). 

AT $10/card to grade it's really a no-brainer once you figure out what to turn into them to resell.