• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to get Turnaround Times nailed down a little more accurately

96 posts in this topic

My 50 card bulk order was received 2 weeks ago and just sent out today. At $12 a card I'm a super impressed. Meanwhile I sent a order two PSA at the same time ($50 per card) and it is still waiting to be graded. Guess where I'm sending my next grading order too? 

If CSG can keep this performance up PSA better watch out...

On 5/16/2022 at 12:09 PM, Ben Sloc said:

I had a recent bulk order go from received to scheduled for grading back to received.

WHile I appreciate you letting us know, I don't think the is the thread to share just that part of the submission process. If anything, I would call CSG to see what's going on bc that is really strange. 

The only reason I'm saying anything is bc I am looking to discuss turnaround times in full in this thread, meaning you got your cards back and can give a timeline in full. 

Thank you!

On 4/27/2022 at 6:59 AM, Warner85 said:

I have a bulk order received 4/13 that was in GEI for a week and now is in Grading/QC status. I’m hopeful that means they’re almost about to ship but not quite sure what that status means. Would be nice if they were to update status explanations. Can anyone with a recently returned shipment let me know what that status means? Thanks 

I'm going to copy/paste what I replied to someone earlier in the thread - "It's been explained to me before by multiple CSG reps that the "Grading/QC" status is once the grades have finalized but not been encapsulated yet, so it's like an "in-between" status before encapsulation. 

I'm not 100% sure why 1) they even have that step and 2) they don't explain that anywhere but it is what it is."

On 6/8/2022 at 12:05 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Wow. That's incredible

Definitely, I was impressed. 

It was a split of vintage and modern, which might have helped.  Since they have different graders for each, it may have progressed through each queue simultaneously.

On 6/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, oluckydayo said:

Definitely, I was impressed. 

It was a split of vintage and modern, which might have helped.  Since they have different graders for each, it may have progressed through each queue simultaneously.

Either way it's awesome to see such turnaround times now. I was at 120-130 days as little as 3-4 months ago so this is crazy haha. 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, Cloud Au said:

295 cards for bulk shipping

Received by CSG: 5/6/2022
Scheduled for Grading: 5/12/2022
Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging: 5/16/2022
Grading/Quality Control: 5/26/2022
Shipped: 6/4/22

This is an awesome turnaround.  Nice.

Curious about what kinds of cards you submit on an order of that size as well, if you're interested in posting the results in another thread when they're back.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:07 PM, Cloud Au said:

Wow, that is a big order and a great TaT, as well!!! This is so encouraging to see!

I have a re-holder order that is now on its 22nd business day at CSG so I'm getting a little concerned, tbh.

EDIT: SO today, the 24th business day for my re-holder order, it just went into Grading/Quality Control, so I know now that it's very close to coming back to me.

This was for a 64-card re-holder so I can get them all in CSG 10s

Looking like TAT is almost dead on for bulk. Think it's currently listed at 20 days on the site, and order is in G/E/I. Was entered into received status on 10/11 but was delivered a few days prior. Think this is business day 16 or 17 since delivery, so assuming it ships within the next few days it will be right around the 20 day mark.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, Cloud Au said:

wow 295 cards! you should get a free hoodie with that order! 

On 2/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, Kon_Jelly said:

Economy order, 8 cards.

Shipped: 2/9/22
Delivered: 2/10/22
Received by CSG: 2/12/22
Scheduled for Grading: 2/12/22
Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging: 2/15/22
Grading/Quality Control: 2/16/22
Quality Control/Finalized: 2/16/22
Shipped: 2/22/22

So an Economy order in 7 business days. Not too shabby. 

for comps of your cards for the grading tier do you go by the last sale of the card or just by a few ebay cards that are up for sale? I think i undervalued one or 2 cards last sub i wander how long thats gonna jam my sub up because 2 cards probably shoulda been standard tier or express.. 7 day economy thats super fast!!