• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green label pristine 10's in the newest grading system
1 1

25 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/20/2023 at 3:27 PM, John Floyd Taylor said:

With the change in the grading system, are cards that are currently in green label pristine 10 slabs eligible for reholdering to pristine in the newest labels or will the cards have to be regraded if sent for reholder?  

Old green label CSG Pristine 10s as well as current CGC Trading Cards Pristine 10 blue labels will cross to Pristine 10s in the new gold CGC Cards label.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, CGCRyan said:

Old green label CSG Pristine 10s as well as current CGC Trading Cards Pristine 10 blue labels will cross to Pristine 10s in the new gold CGC Cards label.

If an old green label CSG Pristine 10 was reholdered as a 2.0 CSG 10 (when Pristines were removed), are those still eligible for the new 3.0 CSG Pristine 10, now that the Pristine grades are back?

• Administrator
On 6/21/2023 at 7:27 PM, northkorea said:

Is the Perfect 10 designation being removed?

Are GM 10 cards eligible for pristine reconsideration?

Yes, the Perfect 10 grade is being eliminated in the new CGC Cards grading scale. All previously graded Perfect 10 cards will still reflect as Perfect 10 in our online tools including the registry, pop report and cert verification. If a Perfect 10 is sent in for reholder, it will be a Pristine 10 in the new CGC Cards label so we do not recommend sending those in for reholder.

A CSG black label Gem Mint 10 can be sent back in to be reviewed for a CGC Cards Pristine 10, but that would be a standard grading fee not the reholder fee.

• Administrator
On 6/22/2023 at 1:34 AM, CamelJR said:

If an old green label CSG Pristine 10 was reholdered as a 2.0 CSG 10 (when Pristines were removed), are those still eligible for the new 3.0 CSG Pristine 10, now that the Pristine grades are back?

A CSG black label Gem Mint 10 can be sent back in to be reviewed for a CGC Cards Pristine 10, but that would be a standard grading fee not the reholder fee. A black label CSG Gem Mint 10 will reholder as a Gem Mint 10 in the new CGC Cards label.

On 6/22/2023 at 4:13 AM, CGCRyan said:

A CSG black label Gem Mint 10 can be sent back in to be reviewed for a CGC Cards Pristine 10, but that would be a standard grading fee not the reholder fee. A black label CSG Gem Mint 10 will reholder as a Gem Mint 10 in the new CGC Cards label.

Thanks! Would it be possible to send as a mechanical error to revert back to the Green label 10, and then reholder to the new Pristine 10? 

• Administrator
On 6/22/2023 at 2:10 PM, CamelJR said:

Thanks! Would it be possible to send as a mechanical error to revert back to the Green label 10, and then reholder to the new Pristine 10? 

A Mechanical Error submission/return would only be for label errors or defects or damage with the holder.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, CGCRyan said:

Yes, the Perfect 10 grade is being eliminated in the new CGC Cards grading scale. All previously graded Perfect 10 cards will still reflect as Perfect 10 in our online tools including the registry, pop report and cert verification.

So, for the purposes of registry points, how are black label perfect CSG cards being treated? Are they scored the same as CGC Pristine?

Wasn’t the reason behind eliminating the Pristine from CSG to eliminate confusion? Seems like people who had green 9.5s that were sent in for black GM 10s should be extended a courtesy review (not free, but $5) to see if they would be qualified as CGC Pristine.

Edited by northkorea

• Administrator
On 6/23/2023 at 1:28 AM, AdrianLT said:

How soon can these be sent in to get new pristine labels?

The $5 reholder special is live on the Online Submission Form so you can start sending in your reholders now.

• Administrator

Registry scores will be changed and updated to reflect one consistent reward system for all cards. Currently, there was a big difference between CGC Trading Cards and the CSG Cards and how the respective cards were calculated. We will have more info as it pertains to registry scores as we get closer to the launch of CGC Cards in mid-July. 

On 6/22/2023 at 6:13 AM, CGCRyan said:

Ryan: thank you for providing these insights.  What service do I need to select to have my CSG Black Label Gem Mint 10's reviewed for a CGC Pristine 10?

On 7/3/2023 at 3:48 AM, Leiataua Dr. Jon said:

Ryan: thank you for providing these insights.  What service do I need to select to have my CSG Black Label Gem Mint 10's reviewed for a CGC Pristine 10?

You would need to have the card regraded.

On 7/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, northkorea said:

You would need to have the card regraded.

I understand that, but "Re-grade card" is not currently an option on the CSG Services & Fees landing page on the website.  What I don't want to have happen, is to pay for the regrading fee -which, for me, will be double the cost of the re-holder fee- and not have the cards re-evaluated for potential Gem Mint 10 to Pristine 10.  I do plan to re-holder all of my cards in the Black Label holders as well as have my Pristine 10's in the Green Label placed into the new Pristine 10 Holders.  

So, how do I go about ensuring that my order is processed correctly?  Is there someone I need to speak with about this or some other way for me to guarantee that this is done correctly?  I am doing monthly shows and selling online and don't have the energy, time, nor patience to deal with issues that go awry with my subs.  As always, I appreciate your insight, guidance, and feedback, Ryan.

• Administrator
On 7/4/2023 at 9:07 AM, Leiataua Dr. Jon said:

I understand that, but "Re-grade card" is not currently an option on the CSG Services & Fees landing page on the website.  What I don't want to have happen, is to pay for the regrading fee -which, for me, will be double the cost of the re-holder fee- and not have the cards re-evaluated for potential Gem Mint 10 to Pristine 10.  I do plan to re-holder all of my cards in the Black Label holders as well as have my Pristine 10's in the Green Label placed into the new Pristine 10 Holders.  

So, how do I go about ensuring that my order is processed correctly?  Is there someone I need to speak with about this or some other way for me to guarantee that this is done correctly?  I am doing monthly shows and selling online and don't have the energy, time, nor patience to deal with issues that go awry with my subs.  As always, I appreciate your insight, guidance, and feedback, Ryan.

Sorry for the delay. I have reached out to our graders to get the exact protocol for submitting your Gem Mint 10 card to be reviewed for a possible bump to the CGC Cards Pristine 10 grade. Our offices have been closed yesterday and today for the Independence Day holiday, but I will follow up with them first thing tomorrow when our offices re-open to get the correct information for you as I want to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you.

On 7/4/2023 at 6:49 PM, CGCRyan said:

Sorry for the delay. I have reached out to our graders to get the exact protocol for submitting your Gem Mint 10 card to be reviewed for a possible bump to the CGC Cards Pristine 10 grade. Our offices have been closed yesterday and today for the Independence Day holiday, but I will follow up with them first thing tomorrow when our offices re-open to get the correct information for you as I want to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you.

No worries and many thanks, Ryan.  Your customer service has been a lifesaver for me over the past year and a half.  I appreciate your follow up!

• Administrator
On 7/5/2023 at 7:17 PM, Leiataua Dr. Jon said:

No worries and many thanks, Ryan.  Your customer service has been a lifesaver for me over the past year and a half.  I appreciate your follow up!

I appreciate your patience and apologize for the continued delay. As soon as I get a definitive answer, I will relay it to you.