• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sent a card with a wrong set name to be reholdered and still has the wrong set name.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2023 at 6:10 AM, Shockmaster said:

Supposed to be 2005 Topps Gold.

That happened to me also. Sent in 100 cards and 5 were incorrect. Resent the 5 in and one was never fixed but listed as fixed on receipt. All 100 cards were graded and went through QC in 1 day. Definitely rushing the QC process lately… 

The card you are referencing with that certification number is the Gold parallel of the 2005 Topps Kenny Lofton, numbered /2005.  Gold is not the set.  It is, however, still labeled incorrectly.  The correct label format for that card is:

2005 Topps

#420 Kenny Lofton

Gold

This Albert Pujols (1032421003) shows how this parallel is labeled.  Even PSA labels them this way.  :)

Edited by TheRealKyleMcC

On 7/5/2023 at 6:08 PM, TheRealKyleMcC1694433816 said:

The card you are referencing with that certification number is the Gold parallel of the 2005 Topps Kenny Lofton, numbered /2005.  Gold is not the set.  It is, however, still labeled incorrectly.  The correct label format for that card is:

2005 Topps

#420 Kenny Lofton

Gold

This Albert Pujols (1032421003) shows how this parallel is labeled.  Even PSA labels them this way.  :)

Whatever.

The label was wrong when I got it and still wrong when it reholdered. I just want this corrected.

Edited by Shockmaster

On 7/5/2023 at 4:26 PM, Shockmaster said:

Whatever.

The label was wrong when I got it and still wrong when it reholdered. I just want this corrected.

Can you show an image of the flip with the incorrect info?

That’s a fine looking card. I would say, if you want the CSG label, send the card back today, but if you can wait a week, it seems a mechanical error would justify a fancy new CGC label, on the house, of course. :P