• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wish Me Luck People :) Relabel a Complete 102 card registry set.

11 posts in this topic

All back home, safe and sound. No issues.   Unfortunately now I have another set plus extras to get relabeled !!   Well...It's just a thing now, they have to be CGC.  CSG graded labels no longer cut the mustard.    If the label changes again in the next decade, I will burn all of it !!! :)

Edited by 1980sMoshPit

On 8/19/2023 at 6:25 AM, UncleTed said:

All back home, safe and sound. No issues.   Unfortunately now I have another set plus extras to get relabeled !!   Well...It's just a thing now, they have to be CGC.  CSG graded labels no longer cut the mustard.    If the label changes again in the next decade, I will burn all of it !!! :)

Better start looking into EPA rules about fire based disposal of plastics, paper, and inks. :D

Oh! Stock up on some lighter fluid, too!

heh heh. 

Am giving in on the situation... but just up to this final little label fiasco. One more thing here and oh man.. I might actually bail from the hobby. 

It's gunna end up costing me about $2500 for relabeling the stuff I want relabeled.  It's a complete halt to getting my pending stuff actually graded, and now trying to sell CSG stuff I don't want, will take a bit hit. Suckness.   It's like, I ain't rich dudes.   One more shot here.    I like the history of CGC with the comics etc.  Historically very reputable there I believe.   Was never a comic book dude though.  I had to get away from PSA once a card I had graded a 7... which I cracked out and resubbed, and it got a 10.   That was that.   

and !!!!  no idea if the registry set pics will update with the new pics or not.  Still has the old CSG labelled cards.  I don't want to manually take scans of all this and change the photos.. ohh man.    

MOSH 

Edited by 1980sMoshPit
additional comment

Just fyi for anyone doing the reholdering for cards from registry sets.   The new CGC pics do not automatically replace the old CSG pic in the registry.. BUT !!!  you can just click on the pic and you'll find a 'replace with CGC image'  button.   It flips it right over to the CGC image..  Now just have to do that about 500 times .. heh 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:29 AM, UncleTed said:

Just fyi for anyone doing the reholdering for cards from registry sets.   The new CGC pics do not automatically replace the old CSG pic in the registry.. BUT !!!  you can just click on the pic and you'll find a 'replace with CGC image'  button.   It flips it right over to the CGC image..  Now just have to do that about 500 times .. heh 

Thanks for the tip.  I had my pristines go thru the reholdering process this week and I was saddened when the old pics were still there, but tried your suggestion and all is well in Junk Wax Land.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:17 AM, UncleTed said:

heh heh. 

Am giving in on the situation... but just up to this final little label fiasco. One more thing here and oh man.. I might actually bail from the hobby. 

It's gunna end up costing me about $2500 for relabeling the stuff I want relabeled.  It's a complete halt to getting my pending stuff actually graded, and now trying to sell CSG stuff I don't want, will take a bit hit. Suckness.   It's like, I ain't rich dudes.   One more shot here.    I like the history of CGC with the comics etc.  Historically very reputable there I believe.   Was never a comic book dude though.  I had to get away from PSA once a card I had graded a 7... which I cracked out and resubbed, and it got a 10.   That was that.   

and !!!!  no idea if the registry set pics will update with the new pics or not.  Still has the old CSG labelled cards.  I don't want to manually take scans of all this and change the photos.. ohh man.    

MOSH 

Isn’t this just deflating? CGC decided to keep the Perfect 10 grade, after all.

IMG_2209.png

Welp. sent in my next batch for relabel :):(   another 870 bucks added to the costs of this stuff.    Last batch came back fine so I have some faith from that aspect.  

I don't / didn't have any cards graded Perfect 10.     Wasn't that just a thing on the non sports TCG side ?   If the Perfect 10 was available for sports cards on the old CSG side.. i failed miserably at getting a single one. 

On 9/1/2023 at 9:46 AM, UncleTed said:

Welp. sent in my next batch for relabel :):(   another 870 bucks added to the costs of this stuff.    Last batch came back fine so I have some faith from that aspect.  

I don't / didn't have any cards graded Perfect 10.     Wasn't that just a thing on the non sports TCG side ?   If the Perfect 10 was available for sports cards on the old CSG side.. i failed miserably at getting a single one. 

Yes. Perfect was a grade throughout CSG’s existence.

Alrighty !!!  I just printed my final relabel submission form.  130 more cards and another 700 bucks after I send it in WOO HOO :) 

Looks like I can wait a week or so to get it in the mail.  Seeing if the order was printed/finalized prior to Oct 31st  and received by mid November, should still be good with the 5 buck a card thing.       

Would highly recommend getting any CSG cards relabeled to CGC.  Although CSG cards are cool, it's just a thing where they all now have cooties due to the recent CGC migration.  heh heh heh 

Anyway, am diggin' the CGC labels.