• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reslabbed card has new cert # and old one still in registry

9 posts in this topic

I had a card reslabbed with the new label, and it came back with a new cert number. However, the original cert number is still in the system. So the same card is showing up as 2 different cards in the pop report. What's up with that? 

I submitted 1004562003 for reholder to a CSG 2nd gen label.  Prior to the reholder there was one Perfect 10, now there are two.  I doubt someone submitted a card just before the label change, asked for the old label, and it was graded a perfect 10 also.  I don't think the pop reports have ever handled reholders properly. 

• Administrator

Hello @Vin P.,

Thank you for sending this over. I have reported this to our graders to review. I do know this was something they were working on prior to the merger to correct. I am sorry for the delay in correcting this. This should be updated soon as we are still working on these issues with the census. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:11 AM, MattM CS said:

@finitefinds,

Thank you for sending this over! Can you please send me the old certification number for this card so I can review this with our team as well? 

The certification number did not change on mine.  It was reholdered from the green label to the CSG black label just before cutoff for the old labels.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:02 AM, finitefinds said:

The certification number did not change on mine.  It was reholdered from the green label to the CSG black label just before cutoff for the old labels.

I’m curious about why the number never changed. I guess, maybe, the numbers only changed when green 9.5 were reslabbed as black 10.

• Administrator

Hello All,

Previously when sending in a card for a reholder service the card number did not change. This is because the grade and card ID in our census report did not change. With the recent merger, some reholders may have received new numbers because we now use a new system versus what was used at the time of the original submission. We had some technical issues with this but we have fixed the issues that caused this problem. It should not be expected to receive a new number on your labels.