• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Embossed Pacific Cards
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a couple cards from Pacific that are embossed. In the late nineties, early 2000s, Pacific gave collectors the opportunity to have their cards embossed at shows. Does CGC grade these types of cards? Or would they be considered altered even though the actual card company did it?

20230720_140544.jpg

20230720_140629.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @alphajames, thank you for contacting us. We should be able to grade these cards with no issues. As long as the embossing does not cause the card to be thicker than 7.25mm, feel free to send these on it!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 7/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, alphajames said:

I have a couple cards from Pacific that are embossed. In the late nineties, early 2000s, Pacific gave collectors the opportunity to have their cards embossed at shows. Does CGC grade these types of cards? Or would they be considered altered even though the actual card company did it?

20230720_140544.jpg

20230720_140629.jpg

Based upon my personal experience, they will grade them, but they don’t end up counting for any Registry points, so it might be an overall waste of time/funds to have them graded. That is, unless you’re mainly hoping to have them put into better protected holders.

• Administrator
On 7/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, alphajames said:

20230720_140544.jpg

20230720_140629.jpg

That is a card we will grade, and we will notate the year and which regional specific show that came from, ex: ('98 Vancouver Stamp)

Thank you @KaileeS CS and @CGCRyan! That's exactly what I wanted to know!

Hey @northkorea! Yeah, I'm mostly about the holders; I like CGC labels and holders the best. The way I look at it, I'm paying a premium to have someone protect and label my cards and I'm okay with that. The grades and registry are added bonuses. I'm a stickler for cataloging :)