• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what grail are you saving up for?

70 posts in this topic

I've started saving $20/week towards my holy grail. I hope to acquire a decent looking GD copy by 2008.

1192_2951_4.jpg

"It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine." smile.gif

wayne1.jpg

Anybody else saving up for a grail purchase? If you were to what would it be? GA or SA? popcorn.gif

Nice Grail. thumbsup2.gif

I'm saving up to purchase a Church book once every 6 months (I only own one so far). It'll either be GGA related or maybe a Sensation Comics. The Superman (Action) and Batman copies are way too expensive.

All Star 8 in vg or higher. In looking so far it seems to be hard to find an All Star 8 that is nicely centered. I really want a nicely centered one so I will settle for lower grade if it is nicely centered.

After the last issue of Infinite Crisis I'm cutting my modern purchases to 4 titles a month. I'm up to about 15 titles a month now so that'll be an annual contribtion of about 300-400 a year. A small portion of ebay sales and work bonuses will go to it as well. I'm shooting for aquisition in 5-7 years at that rate. Don't want to take too much away from my other comic wants. Plus I think a grail is a book that should take awhile to acquire. Part of getting your grail is the journey. You'll appreciate it even more if it takes you years to acquire.

Well, if you're going to have a goal, make it a decent one!

Good luck and I hope you can resist throwing the money in a different direction, but 2008 is a long way away.

I might be more tempted by a 35, which is also a great cover but a bit more affordable.

I've started saving $20/week towards my holy grail. I hope to acquire a decent looking GD copy by 2008.

1192_2951_4.jpg

"It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine." smile.gif

wayne1.jpg

Anybody else saving up for a grail purchase? If you were to what would it be? GA or SA? popcorn.gif

heh. At $20 a week, you might be able to keep up with the INFLATION on Detective 31! There's a G+ copy on eBay right now, already at $6k...

My holy grail might be that one as well, maybe Action #7.... Realistically, it will be years and years before I have that kind of diposable income. For now, I'm in the $200 club!

heh. At $20 a week, you might be able to keep up with the INFLATION on Detective 31! There's a G+ copy on eBay right now, already at $6k...

It's from the Detroit Trolley collection and it doesn't have resto. A GD copy with some resto will be about half that.

sumo.gif

thanks for the link.

so, it's basically 'some old guys original collection'- just as ALL golden age books were once part of someone's collection, no? The story isn't really compelling. It's not a pedigree. Is it really worth more than anyone else's GD condition Tec 31?

I've been saving my pennies as I hope to find a low/mid-grade copy of Action Comics #13. Its taken a lot longer to find one than I thought. I passed on a couple #13s over the years for various reasons, but now I'm ready and I REALLY want one. Of course now I can't find one. frustrated.gif

Its funny, I wonder what the print run of #13 was compared to say for example #15. I see #15s fairly regularly, but not #13.

Durden, you know the way it goes, if you need it or are looking for it, it ain't nowhere around, but if you've already got a certain issue, then it's everywhere.

even your local comics shop.. 27_laughing.gif

How true. But, I guess that's what makes collecting fun. If every issue of every title I wanted was readily available, the enjoyment of the search would be greatly diminished. That being said .... I want to find a copy of Action 13 right now !!! sumo.gif