• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what grail are you saving up for?

70 posts in this topic

What would you grade your copy, Jon? It has KILLER colors! hail.gif How are the pages? I am in awe of that book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

for what it is worth, here is mine.....

1037700-detective1.jpg

There was a quarter inch or so of tape on lower spine....i made the command decision years ago to have the tape removed - so not to be 'destructive' to the book----so just a bit of repair there.....damn if you do .....damn if you don't......jb

What would you grade your copy, Jon? It has KILLER colors! hail.gif How are the pages? I am in awe of that book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

VF/VF+ okay pages and bright cover....I bought this years ago (1983...gulp!!)...Camelot could not move it so they knocked their asking price down 25% to $900. jon

1037700-detective1.jpg

There was a quarter inch or so of tape on lower spine....i made the command decision years ago to have the tape removed - so not to be 'destructive' to the book----so just a bit of repair there.....damn if you do .....damn if you don't......jb

You paid $900 for that book? Holy cow. That's a nice ROI. hail.gif

VF/VF+ okay pages and bright cover....I bought this years ago (1983...gulp!!)...Camelot could not move it so they knocked their asking price down 25% to $900. jon

Having seen it in person, nude blush.gif I can attest that It's a sweet looking copy. The color and gloss are superb.

1037700-detective1.jpg

Jon;

Absolutely stunning colours on your copy.

I guess it must be nicer than the Church copy which I heard is probably somewhere in the F+ to VF-. Any idea where the Windy City copy would fit in here since I heard this is probably one of the nicest copies of 'Tec #1 out there?

Jon;

Absolutely stunning colours on your copy.

I guess it must be nicer than the Church copy which I heard is probably somewhere in the F+ to VF-. Any idea where the Windy City copy would fit in here since I heard this is probably one of the nicest copies of 'Tec #1 out there?

The Church copy of Detective #1 is VG+/FN- according to Chuck.

Jon,

Great Detective 1!

I think you made a good decision to have the tape removed. I did something similar to one of my keys and even though mine would grade out as restored, I have no regrets since who knows what the tape would have done over time.

thumbsup2.gif