• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 121-Death of Gwen Stacy-GRADE IS IN!!
1 1

16 posts in this topic

According to the guide, "light" foxing typically drops to 9.0-9.4. Between 7.0-8.5 is typical of darker spots. If one believes the notes correlate with actual degree of foxing, then that shouldn't be the main thing. The miswrap shouldn't go lower than 9.0. I'm going to go with the stress lines as the main culprit. These can lower the grade can go as low as 7.0. It's not a direct comparison, but here is a yellow cover book with the same defects (it's mine). We had this grading much higher, but the yellow does a terrific job at hiding defects 2c

FWIW, I think the stress lines got it down into the 8s & maybe it got dinged another grade for general appearance issues (miswrap & foxing)

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4271693006/

I thought there was stain on the upper left back cover so I knocked it down to 8.0.  If CGC thought it was fixing I’m surprised they dinged it that hard.  Sweet looking front cover!

Thanks for all the input. I knew there was light foxing on the back. I thought I could get higher but I’m happy with the book itself. The front cover just has two small ticks so it looks great and it’s a part of a classic story. Just trying to learn about how the grades are given. I won’t expect as much if I see foxing again.