• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Think Small, Show us your Digests!
8 8

349 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2024 at 5:17 PM, Darwination said:

I was gonna ask if there's a Queen premium for that one.

Definitely. 

There are a lot of reasons to love the band Queen.  One of which is that, when they decided to base their album cover on an old Kelly Freas magazine cover, they hired Kelly Freas to do the album cover.

My copy, I think.  I had two and sold one.

Astounding_1953_10_2nd.thumb.jpg.f23b201c3dd2e91730174cb4aee8c572.jpg

On 8/30/2024 at 6:26 PM, Darwination said:

Another ten dollar digest.  Some unfortunate creases but great PQ, staples, and structure.  Perfect for my nefarious purposes. 

There seems to be some confusion about this attribution.  I pegged it as solid George Gross, but Pulp Covers seems to disagree *cough*

LosttoDesire-PeggyGaddis(1952.VenusBooks137)coversuspectedGeorgeGrossPBO.thumb.jpg.8074755cdec32b8c9c0b555730570273.jpg

Looks more like Ray Johnson to me, especially with the device of the peeking figure in the background he did so often, but I could not get consensus so this one remains uncredited. Great cover nevertheless, the girl is gorgeous.

On 9/20/2024 at 8:48 PM, waaaghboss said:

I though I remember a nice copy on comic connect getting a bit over $100 years ago but can't find it.  Ebay sold listing's don't seem to go over 50.  Luckily got this ok Facebook for a lot less.

That's pretty good. I don't have any reason to upgrade mine anymore, but when I was, I easily got $80-100 for my undercopies on the bay