• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

x-men 1
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I Have a old X-men 1 graded book. This book was graded in 2002 and never been pressed. I am thinking of getting it pressed and resubmitted.

I been to told by one person that he thinks it's already over graded and not worth it. I have a different opinion and think the book is already undegraded . I love to get peoples opinions of the grade before announcing what it was graded at. This is a good test to see what you think vs 2002 CGC. 

In the process of getting a new scanner and high resolution photos will have to do.

Graded Notes in the photo down below. 

IMG_8676.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

IMG_8678.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8680.jpg

IMG_8681.jpg

IMG_8682.jpg

IMG_8683.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

IMG_8694.jpg

IMG_8695.jpg

IMG_8696.jpg

IMG_8697.jpg

IMG_8698.jpg

IMG_8699.jpg

On 9/20/2023 at 12:53 PM, Lninefingers said:

Looks 5.5ish to me, but I'm not very confident in that because I can't see the "whole book lite crease" or "whole book bend". Can you see a subscription crease?

Honestly this is the best I can find. I don't see a whole book bend . But maybe that's because its been in a holder for 20 years lol

IMG_8704.jpg

That line and the wrinkles on the back lower right hand corner make me think that maybe this book has been pressed, but maybe not using modern methods. We're definitely straying outside of my comfort zone though, so you may want to ignore everything I've said and wait for one of the resident experts to weigh in. 

:wavingwhiteflag:

Looks right in the 6.0 range.  If you can get the wear on the lower back spine cleaned up, it has good potential for an upgrade, but I don't think any of that is going to go away completely.  You can probably lessen it, but not eliminate it.