• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction
2 2

78 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2023 at 10:19 AM, stinkininkin said:

I'm a HUGE BWS Conan fan, and there are a bunch of his Conan covers I would love to add to my collection.  There are also a handful where that would not be the case. I'll leave it to your imagination as to which category this cover falls into.

There's definitely a growth process with his Conan stuff as time went on.  

Vulturing on HA tonight waiting for my lots to come up, was surprised by the final price on this Chiodo commission:

ScreenShot2023-10-25at5_17_04PM.thumb.png.12aa8f9a5ac4c44c90927e6ba70b0613.png

I wasn't sure what it might go for, but I was watching as I wasn't familiar with his non-painted works + @stinkininkin inks, which is a pretty cool combination.

Edit: It was a good night for sellers of 90's art. The Razor pages went for multiples of what I expected, probably due to them being the earliest pages I've seen on the market lately. The Journey Into Mystery 571 from 1998 did well in the end, I think. I think I was trying to get this cover awhile back on Ebay for $900 or so, and it hit $1200 or $1300 tonight. The Liam Sharp Verotik splash page did pretty well at $1250, as it was oversized and a really nice illustration of Death Dealer.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 10/3/2023 at 12:36 AM, gumbydarnit said:

BWS Conan covers pop up ALMOST as often as Garfield dailies.

Speaking of Garfield, Heritage must've had a big shortfall in consignments for the just-started Signature Auction in terms of volume, because there are a zillion Garfields. 

Edited by tth2

On 10/26/2023 at 12:35 AM, tth2 said:

Speaking of Garfield, Heritage must've had a big shortfall in consignments for the just-started Signature Auction in terms of volume, because there are a zillion Garfields. 

finally, a decent Signature :sumo:

Based on the weekly Heritage auction that just concluded, I have to say that the rumors of the death of the OA market have been greatly exaggerated.

Among the pieces I was watching, a Terry & the Pirates daily from 1942 went for $11,400, while a badly stained and damaged Prince Valiant from 1943 went for $15,600.  The latter would normally be a $25-30k piece in decent condition, so I was surprised/impressed that it still went for so much considering that the damage affects the aesthetics of the piece.

On 2/7/2024 at 11:18 PM, tth2 said:

Based on the weekly Heritage auction that just concluded, I have to say that the rumors of the death of the OA market have been greatly exaggerated.

What rumors? If anything, I'm surprised that prices haven't been even higher lately given the 1999-2000 style froth (aspects of which are "worse than 1999" according to JP Morgan this week) that has enveloped the financial markets. (shrug) 

image.thumb.png.100ce497e4c1f2f7f85c9749008b4480.png

On 2/8/2024 at 9:54 PM, delekkerste said:
On 2/8/2024 at 12:18 PM, tth2 said:

What rumors? If anything, I'm surprised that prices haven't been even higher lately given the 1999-2000 style froth (aspects of which are "worse than 1999" according to JP Morgan this week) that has enveloped the financial markets. (shrug) 

Most of the discussion in this forum after the last couple of Heritage Signature auctions struck me more as laments of the disappointed rather than the paeans of the triumphant. 

People seemed resigned to prices not revisiting the peaks of the Pandemic.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:54 AM, delekkerste said:

image.thumb.png.100ce497e4c1f2f7f85c9749008b4480.png

I am trading this for a new SPX ATH a little over 5000, poss 8-10% pullback through March then off to the races for a blowoff top finishing in early summer... so we haven't seen anything yet... what troubles me is what comes after that 1929 style high

On 2/8/2024 at 10:11 AM, tth2 said:

Most of the discussion in this forum after the last couple of Heritage Signature auctions struck me more as laments of the disappointed rather than the paeans of the triumphant. 

People seemed resigned to prices not revisiting the peaks of the Pandemic.

There were some disappointing Heritage auctions in 2023 but last month's auction was a barn-burner. (shrug)