• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Nov 16-19 Signature Auction
5 5

472 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2023 at 2:53 PM, batman_fan said:

Somebody got a smoking deal lol

honestly, I'm not surprised it hit six figures.   I was going to post that as a prediction and didn't just in case I was going to look silly if it fell short.

Its an infamous piece, its a hot era, etc.

It is... unique.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, Bronty said:

honestly, I'm not surprised it hit six figures.   I was going to post that as a prediction and didn't just in case I was going to look silly if it fell short.

Its an infamous piece, its a hot era, etc.

It is... unique.

You're not the only person who was thinking that. A buddy of mine told me a couple days ago "It's gonna hit $120k"...so the thought was out there. 
Once it got ridiculous it was only a matter of HOW ridiculous. 

The ultimate conversation piece. 

On 11/17/2023 at 1:45 PM, delekkerste said:

It ended pretty much exactly where I thought it would. It is the ultimate baller FU money piece.

"I can pay $132K for this, not because it's good, but simply because it amuses me." 

Do you think we will have to travel to the Louvre to see it?

On 11/17/2023 at 3:04 PM, drdroom said:

What's the deal with this "Invincible" thing? It's a popular comic?

Popular Comic, and this is the first issue, and first appearance in costume, and first time using powers, and IT'S A TV SHOW...AND IT GOT A SECOND SEASON...AND>>AND>>>AND!!!!!!! 

Sorry, I got first appearance fever. 
I'm better now. 

On 11/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, comix4fun said:

Popular Comic, and this is the first issue, and first appearance in costume, and first time using powers, and IT'S A TV SHOW...AND IT GOT A SECOND SEASON...AND>>AND>>>AND!!!!!!! 

Sorry, I got first appearance fever. 
I'm better now. 

I just bought an Invincible page. Not for $36K, of course. 

On 11/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, delekkerste said:

It ended pretty much exactly where I thought it would. It is the ultimate baller FU money piece.

"I can pay $132K for this, not because it's good, but simply because it amuses me." 

I know the buyer of the piece. They said once they missed the Xmen piece it was a sure thing just a matter of price. They are over the moon to have it! Baller FU money is right!!

On 11/17/2023 at 3:29 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

People are massively overpaying for Freak Brothers art. Who is going to want that stuff in 20 years when all the old hippies die off? 

As a non-hippie, I would.  :-).  The pieces are funny.  The art is amazing, and it really is a little piece of history from that era.  That is a healthy price though.